13 posts in this topic

I usally bring my boat down in August and drift the channel off 28th for for Flounder and Croakers(hardheads) using the standard fish-finder rig, tipped wth squid, minows or Fishbites "bloodworms"and 2 or 3oz of lead.

I preferr the out going tide and start at the #11 dayboard and drift south towards the split.

last year Oliver showed me a nice spot behind AI, just south of the airport were we did very good on Flounder using the same methods as above.

the boat traffic can be a real hazard for the novice on weekends, so weekdays are best, imo.

I've fished the inlet too but have not had much luck there, strong currants and heavy boat traffic make this area tuff to fish.

I've had decent luck up by route 90 bridge drifting the channel edges.

i prefer a double bucktail rig, kind alike an over sized spec rig, tipped with squid, minnow or other baits of choice. i tend to jig them so they don't just scrape on the bottom

I've had my best luck up by the condos around 32nd st. In the Spring we drift the out going and summer the in coming. I use squid and minnow on a top/bottom flounder rig.

imgfish003.jpg.944dc3695a3d5d9214c678b4e

:eek: YIKES, the infamous RED X' s are back:BangHead:

jk'ing:glasses1: thanks Bob for the chart wth the "hot" spots:eusa_dance:

now I can correct myself. I start at the #12 GREEN dayboard and drift south:happy7:

now the spots on the western shore, I've not tried due to not knowing the shoals in that area.

now since you guys do, maybe we can do a trip tru the thourofare one day:icon_scratch: and I'd love to learn that channel along the Rt 50 bridge, west into Hoopers and all along that western shore:icon_salut:

There is a nice flounder hole up by 14th st. as well.Bob I've had limited success in the thourofair,It may be my technique.I 'd like to fish that area with you sometime to see what I'm doing wrong. :happy7:

any ever tried under the bridge at night? we used anchor with the stern facing the bridge, just in casting distance. threw lures, mostly rattle traps, under the bridge.

had good luck with trout. only problem was when you caught something the people on the bridge came and dropped lines on top of you sometimes.

any ever tried under the bridge at night? we used anchor with the stern facing the bridge, just in casting distance. threw lures, mostly rattle traps, under the bridge.

had good luck with trout. only problem was when you caught something the people on the bridge came and dropped lines on top of you sometimes.

Spot burner.....lol

There is a nice flounder hole up by 14th st. as well.Bob I've had limited success in the thourofair,It may be my technique.I 'd like to fish that area with you sometime to see what I'm doing wrong. :happy7:

Anytime. Although I'd agree that it's hit or miss there, I do get the majority of my flatties there.

Spot burner.....lol

next time i'll be more subtle and post a map :)

lol:blob8: you guys are a trip, we all know "X" marks the spot but its all about presentation:happy8: or is it the tides:icon_scratch: no wait, time of day:BangHead:

aw hell, lets just run offshore to some wreck-sites and Bail Hay :icon_wink:

I am also with Bob, majority of my flounder come out of the thorofare, and just north...