12 posts in this topic

ok, maybe Im behind the times as Barb's parents bring us the local papers from OC but there usally 2 weeks behind.:fucyc:

so I read where that passed the $$$ need for beach replenishment on AI, any updates as to when:icon_scratch: hope it doesn't interfere wth our summer fishing :eek:

Ha - guess they'll have to rewrite all those little placards they have posted talking about the "moving island"....nothing like establishing a national seashore to preserve "untouched" nature - and then artificially alter it to suit your needs...

Ha - guess they'll have to rewrite all those little placards they have posted talking about the "moving island"....nothing like establishing a national seashore to preserve "untouched" nature - and then artificially alter it to suit your needs...

What? I've got to do some research on this one!

Sam - I have no info - was just reacting to what Randy posted. However, I wouldn't be surprised - don't they already bring in sand after big storms?

OK,

This hit me as part of what I do on the side is a Non-Profit group here in VA (I will discuss later).

Any idea who pays for the beach replenishment up there?

Very, very Curious!

I'm still cleaning sand out of my truck from last summer, If it will help I'll bring it back.:happy7:

What? I've got to do some research on this one!

Sam, page 10 of the "Shore Progress" mid march edition 2007 vol 2 # 20

Assateague beach to be replenished.

md board of p/w has approved $681,088.00 from DNR for beach replenishment of appx 29,000 cubic yards of beach sand at Assateague state park.

chaired by gov martin o'maully and friends:@:

I think the replenishment in OC this fall had a huge effect on the stripers coming in close at AI so one at AI would have a great impact.

I find it hard to believe they can promote a moving island and propose a renourishment. With no jetties that sand they put up north will be gone in a flash after a NE'r or two.

just think of the holes that will be left behind :eusa_dance:

they generally pump from pretty far out, what is does do is eliminate the sandfleas etc as well as plover food for a while.

oooh to bad about the holes being to far out........BUT hey no plovers no beach closer:eusa_dance:

just kidding:D