11 posts in this topic

Those skates have no clue what is coming their way.

What will be classic is a cheer from the team when one comes in!

THAT'S 5 POINTS BABY!!!!!

Those skates have no clue what is coming their way.

What will be classic is a cheer from the team when one comes in!

THAT'S 5 POINTS BABY!!!!!

Man that means I got to break my record catching skate :icon_surprised: OH well I'll just have to throw in some rocks to make me feel better.

I heard of a 15 skate day last spring I think, what kind of hooks ya using to catch the stripes and AI founder at the same time?

I did have a trip last fall where I pulled in a skate 50% of the casts I made, I couldn't keep bait in the water. I think the final tally was around 175 skates in 3 days on 9/0 gami's. I was even catching them on eels!

that would be some serious points!

Well built team!! Good luck and we know you will represent us well:angel3:

I heard of a 15 skate day last spring I think, what kind of hooks ya using to catch the stripes and AI founder at the same time?

I did have a trip last fall where I pulled in a skate 50% of the casts I made, I couldn't keep bait in the water. I think the final tally was around 175 skates in 3 days on 9/0 gami's. I was even catching them on eels!

that would be some serious points!

Ben I use 8/0 Gami and last year I nailed over 20 of those AI rats :BangHead: in one afternoon, that's all I use until summer hits.

Well! It’s about to get interesting in the World Championship Surfcasting Team Division.

If you have not been following the updates, the teams division is shaping up to be a real battle Royal!

• Granted the OC Guerrilla has been pushing up in points unchallenged, and you have to give them credit for being master surf fisherman, but they have the same amount of time as every other team in the division to qaulify.

• Donna Captain of the Reel Women tried to deploy her team last weekend but the cold kept her team members off the beach … but not her! And by herself she was catching like two members.

• And then there West Coast Aviation Professional, who last year in the World Class Surfcasting team match took second place in the 2 weekend competition “And the only reason why they took second place is because they misunderstood the scoring rules” "SO I doubt they will make the same mistake this year"

• Then you have Long Beach Anglers and I know these guys personally and when they get serious they will start cranking in catches. Mordy the captain is a one man fishing machine by his self!

• And of course there are you guys Atlantic Anglers: Well everybody around the world who follow the tournament knows igormothra catching power! And this year throughout the fishing communites throughout the world that follow the tournament. Everybody was astonished a Charkbait first outing and setting the tier 2007 World Championship LFL award. And then you have Coop on the front page dragging out a nice size strip from the surf!

News Flash! Singapore has register 2 teams

• Singapore Surf Anglerz
  • Team Yaman Fishing

Both teams have a full compliment of surfcasting members. And based on the picture below Singapore Surf Anglerz has catching power too!

DSC01832-1.jpg

In the infamous words of 2006 Top OC Contender Ken Nichols

The WCSSA is a different type of tournament that tests the knowledge, skills, adaptability, patience and most importantly the endurance of the surfcaster.

I think this is really going to hold true to what teams will become Champions and the team that will be crowned the World Champion Surfcasting Team!

CURRENT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SURFCASTING TEAMS STANDINGS

TEAM POINTS LAST POSTING QUALIFYING DAYS LEFT

OC Guerrilla

5/5/2007 40

Atlantic Anglers

5/6/2007 46.5

Singapore Surf Anglerz

5/5/2007 46

Long Beach Anglers

5/5/2007 47

Team Aqueryus

4/19/2007