12 posts in this topic

..." Conventional Surf Casting Fishermans Club"

as I just got back from BPS where I picked up a Daiwa "Emblem" series rodES1142HRB and just finished bolting on my Daiwa "Saltist" 30TH (thanks Ben:icon_thumright: ) spooled wth 20lb Berkley "Big Game":happy2: .

Im using the mono first as I didn't want to waste $$ on braid just yet, as I know Im gonna' have some "blow-ups":evil6:

I'll try tossing it inna' few, wish me luck:confused1:

Welcome to the dark side Randy!!!!:blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: With some practice you will never go back. Post a few pics of your best "professional overrun" We all get them.

I hope you like the combo.

Welcome to the dark side Randy!

Exactly. You won't be sorry once you get the hang of it.

Everyone says "you'll never go back" Some day I'll have to try it....... some day....

aside from casting better I think they handle and fight fish better as well

.......... 8 cast (off my deck) and 8 "blow-ups":eusa_shifty: 1 real bad, sorry no pics:fucyc:

I was only tossing 3oz's and I might have over filled the spool:icon_scratch:

I'll work on it somemore between now and saturday:glasses1: atleast I can still toss my spinners:eusa_dance:

He also bought himself a chest waders......Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall watching him try them on:happy3: :icon_rabbit:

Randy one thing that I have learned is don't baby it toss it as hard as you can I get less blow ups that way. OH and welcome to the dark side I came over about 7 mo. ago.:angry4:

did you put in the brakes if it has any? it should also have a spool tension knob that you can adjust. I'm sure anyone will be willing to give hands on help, until then practice, practice, practice. I

thanks for the tips guys:icon_thumleft: yeah, I'll try more weight, move away from the house and windows and make some adjustments on the real and report back.

btw, the waders fit nice but what a chore it was finding the right size, which they only had in Camo:booty:

Randy,

tighten the spool tension knob as tight as you can by hand and start from there backing it off as you get more comfortable. You'll probably only toss 40 yards at first but as you ease the tension you'll get better. More weight will help as well since the light stuff loses speed in the air...unfortunately your spool doesn't!

Don't forget to use the thumb dinger!

Randy,

tighten the spool tension knob as tight as you can by hand and start from there backing it off as you get more comfortable. You'll probably only toss 40 yards at first but as you ease the tension you'll get better. More weight will help as well since the light stuff loses speed in the air...unfortunately your spool doesn't!

Don't forget to use the thumb dinger!

Gotcha':icon_thumright: thanks Ben:hello: