Dixie719

The Masters

11 posts in this topic

I'll pick Tiger and you can have the field.

It took today for him to figure out the cold fast dry greens. Poor guys always paired up with him just seem to crumble and turn to dust. I used to love that commercial with the guy putting with Tiger watching and he goes into uncontrollabe shakes and Tiger asks "everything OK" lol. Said it all. To add insult to injury Tiger is starting to hit fareways and even worse when he is up a couple of shots on Sunday on the 18th he leaves the woods in the bag. Phil should take note after what happened to him in last years US open.

Got to love the Masters

I personally have never seen anyone dominate a sport like Tiger. I love watching golf when that guy plays...like you said Dave, everyone just crumbles, especially when he is in the lead. I just start laughing when they all just start falling off Tigers lead...amazing talent.

I just start laughing when they all just start falling off Tigers lead...amazing talent.

Same here.. Love to watch him. I was at the Green Turtle the other night and I saw a video of him hitting balls when he was three years old. Incredible.!

At one point, he was putting and he couldn't make a far putt (5 feet or so) and he picked up the ball and put it right next to the hole. :icon_wink:

I love watching him play, its an incredible thing to see when he is on and goes for the kill.

Lately it seems that he'll hit fairways and the center of greens up until about the last 9-6 holes and wait for a mistake...which eventually comes with the thought of Tiger breathing down your neck. Then as the margin shortens to 2 back or even he'll go for the kill and hit one stiff when he needs to...then back to stingers and the middle of greens. It would be incredible if he tried to hit a perfect shot everytime, we'd see some repeats of the pebble beach open. He's too smart for that now and turns it on only when needed, and I like watching the strategy portion as well.

Like I said, I'll take Tiger and everyone else can have the field. Tiger is in the final pairing and often times, that is all she wrote, done deal but you still never know. It's nice to see some scores in the 80's, almost unheard of in the pga. Tough conditions, makes me want to start banging the ball around again.

Sam, we should have a atlantic anglers/amsa event. Could be fun. Do it in the off season for next to nothing or do it to raise $ for a good cause.

Congrats to the young buck today as he didn't fold in!

Tiger was there, but did not have that edge today in my opinion............

congradulations to Zach Johnson!!! He stuck to his gameplan and didn't choke. When Tiger eagled 13 I thought...:angryfire: here we go, but it just wasn't his day. The course played tough, it was a good Masters.

Yea great game !!!! One of these years before I cash in my chips I'm gonna make it down there:3gears: