8 posts in this topic

Well after afew years of salt and sand from the beach my flange on my Y pipe rusted out. So after talking with my wife I'm replaceing it with a stainless steal Y pipe and with her ok stainless steal headers, no more rust now :D

p1010026_161.jpg.1b447524453c16589623b91

Cool Dave. I guess now is a good time to get it done. Although, today was beautiful!

Being the new guy,should I figure a trip to the car wash after a week end at the beach?I seen a tip (I think it was in a fishing mag) where this guy after being on the beach puts a yard sprinkler under his truck. Dose this sound like a good idea? :| Daveh

Hitting the car wash is a must to get the sand and salt off, spray the undercarage the best you can, the sprinkler under the truck sounds like it would work too. You will find that your inside windows will get a good coating as well on my durango I have the tail gate open alot to get to my gear and the windows in the back get a film when the wind is blowing a mist around.

This is something that is definitely not addressed enough. After EVERY trip to the beach, I rinse off my entire truck. Under, top, all around. I have thought about the "sprinkler from the bottom" before. It sounds like a great idea to me. I have one of those nozzles that can adjust with a stick attached. Anyway, make sure you wash it (or get it washed) after every trip. :-)

very nice outfit,,,I like those stainless steel headers,,,I must admit, I don't rinse my truck very much,,,in fact, it's been since last summer,,,I had over 1" sand on the floor on the drivers side,,,seriuosly, an inch,,,well maybe a 1/2",,,hey, I am a fisherman, I like to exaggerate :D .

A sprinkler underneath would be ok to loosen the stuff up but you need good pressure to blow it out. The sprinkler won't get on top of the shackles, fuel tank, etc. You need to get under there and visualize everything. It is especially inportant to hose off the exhause system because in most cases it's plain metal, not corrosion resistant.

I have a good coating of heavy duty undercoating, the stuff like they put in beds in lieu of plastic liners.

If you can find the hose type spray-on wax, you could help the underside by giving it a coat.

And I hope everyone knows how important it is to keep doors and windows closed while on the beach.

Sure, the salt eats into the plastics and electronics.

But remember how painful it is to be driving down the road after the beach and get nailed on the leg by a green-headed fly.

:censored:

It's almost time for truck to get another bath, all the snow is just about melted. Roads are white with salt.

I'm working on mounting a 20 gal tank under the bed to do the same thing. I can use it for air or pressurized water.

Just got to get off the duff and locate a used/trashed 20 gal or smaller water heater.