21 posts in this topic

Break out the light tackle and go at it boys and girls!

Hit the jetty last night accompanied by 42 people, 15 boats and 6+ yaks! Crowded ya think! Got a bit hairy for a bit and lost it's fun once everyone started top pack in. Glad I got there a touch earlier.

Managed to get my limit of trout and split as it was too crowded for me. Grey were 18"-28" last night, mine were all in the 18"-22" range. Bigger ones seem to bite first. Throwing a 4" Pinfish colored storm, after chartreuse didn't work too good.

This AM I met up with Fishbone and we stayed till about 8:30am with no much to show. I managed a 16"-17" fiesty little Flounder (nice little surprise) on a 3" Smoke/Chartreuse Calcutta. Boats were wacking them left and right, but out of range for us. Did see one speck caught at about 17", but that was it!!!!

Some people were screaming about the crowd last night and people putting the word out, but that's what happens when your beside the Hampton roads Bridge Tunnell with 15 boats, 6+ Yaks, and 42 people on a jetty fishing. Ya think the thousands of people communiting each day don't tend to notice that????:confused5:

Anyway I had a more detailed report, but acidentally hit the wrong button and whacked the thread, WHOOPS!

Spring fun to say the least and good to see you out there Fishbone!

By the way, a few of those trout just got finsihed in some Hot Oil, so excuse me while I go eat a bit!:icon_thumleft:

So thats where Fishbones was at this morning.........:hello:

Baby ya know if i'm not back by the time ya gettin out of the shower im fishing somewhere :happy7:

And good wettin a line with ya also ,,, to bad we couldnt get into them but like I said time to break out the Yak lol

Wow! Way to rub it in.

yeah, no kiddin':booty: oh well atleast there are FISH to-be caught, good job guys:eusa_dance: and keep the reports comming:happy2:

I just got off the fone wth my engine builder in Norfolk and he said ther must be @50 boats out there right now, damn:fucyc: Im gonna' have to go vist my car sooner than I thought:icon_scratch:

By the way what does OV stand for. I don't know to much about Virginia's fishing spots.

OV is Ocean View. between Norfolk and Hampton.

By the way what does OV stand for. I don't know to much about Virginia's fishing spots.

I'm sure I will have a bunch of terms to learn from you guys as well, it's all part of the learning curve with new spots!

Didn't the pier in OV get wiped out by a hurricane a few years ago?

Didn't the pier in OV get wiped out by a hurricane a few years ago?

Pier was rebuilt by the Boones,, pier is in great location,, management kinda sucks, and now there in a battle with the city and the top part of the bar has to be ripped down. rumor says the whole thing but Im thinking just the top deck bars cause the plans didnt match what he turned in to the city. I loved it when it was Harrisons that was my everyday pier to fish. Fished the new one a few times but was very disapointed, trashy, they choose there own hours, call for a report and the kinda well fib a lil bit. but other love that Pier so this is J.M.H.O. not bashing in any way just my own experiance ,, oh and dont order food if ya hungry cause it take almost 2 hours to get a hamburger to you and 45 mins for them to tell you they dont have any chez sticks when ya have an 8 y/o waiting on them.

Great report. I haven't seen a decent trout in a while, so great job. Thanks for the info. I might have to take a trip down there and check it out one day.