6 posts in this topic

I'll be out around noon til midnight, have some buddies coming out after work as well.

Get some bloodworms and come on out! Look for the bald guy with the sunburn. 75* and sunny!

Let us know how ya did!

Fished Sandy pt on the bay.

7 rats to 18"

8 white perch up to citation size 12"

no pics because my camera finally succumbed to the salt air.

Saw a good number of over 30" beached maybe 5-6, and one over 40". A Korean guy next to me who was very fun to fish with lost what was probably a 30#er. He was at his car and I saw his rod double over, fall, and head to the drink so I grabbed it for him and handed it off when he came running back. He lost it when it got him into some rocks and his braid cut. From the 15 seconds I had it and the swirls, it was a goodn'.

I was impressed at the number of fish landed by everyone, but I probably won't go back. It was way too crowded with fishermen and punks. Especially after people read this.

I did get a lot of casting work in and with 4oz it's actually enjoyable compared to 8oz all day. The guy I mentioned above said I was a "wrong frower" so I took that as a great compliment. We traded some equipment talk and watched each others rods etc, it was a good day breaking the language barrier. He had some custom RS rods and just converted to conventional throwing...I think he's installing magnets as we speak! He also showed me a picture of one of his fish from last year in the same spot...:shock:

Also went to alltackle and got a thumb dinger, I think it will prove itself in creating more friction on the spool so I can keep it from slipping under my thumb when power casting heavier weights.

Fished Sandy pt on the bay.

7 rats to 18"

8 white perch up to citation size 12"

no pics because my camera finally succumbed to the salt air.

Saw a good number of over 30" beached maybe 5-6, and one over 40". A korean guy next to me who was very fun to fish with lost what was probalby a 30#er. He was at his car and I saw his rod double over, fall, and head to the drink so I grabbed it for him and handed it off when he came running back. He lost it when it got him into some rocks and his braid cut. From the 15 seconds I had it, it was a goodn'.

I was impressed at the number of fish landed be everyone, but I probalby won't go back. It was way too crowded with fishermen and punks. Especially after people read this.

I did get a lot of casting work in and with 4oz it's actually enjoyable compared to 8oz all day. The guy I mentioned above said I was a "wrong frower" so I took that as a great compliment. We traded some equipment talk and watched each others rods etc, it was a good day breaking the language barrier. He had some custom RS rods and just converted to conventional throwing...I think he's installing magnets as we speak! He also showed me a picture of one of his fish from last year in the same spot...:shock:

Also went to alltackle and got a thumb dinger, I think it will prove itself in creating more friction on the spool so I can keep it from slipping under my thumb when power casting heavier weights.

WOW, wish I could have made the trip but work got in the way:cussing:

oh and thanks Ben for supporting our vendor's:icon_salut: and let me know how you like the Thumbdinger:icon_wink:

Good report, Ben. Sorry to hear about the camera...

my own fault really, I totally abused it and now the lens won't zoom move when you turn it on so the camera won't let you take any shots. Worked fine at the house but I think it swells when the air gets moist.

I need to decide on a 2 year digital for beach and yak pics knowing it will be destroyed or laying out the $ for a waterproof one that will hopefully be obsolete before it goes bad...luckily my wife has a nice one for civilized events.