62 posts in this topic

Well we are starting to get into the fishing season with a few stripers being caught from the surf zone. As things pick up (should be soon:icon_thumright: ), we will switch into a weekly format.

Get your feet in the sand, go fish and have fun!

The fish sure fooled me today. Oliver and I spent around 6 hours on AI with not a nibble. Beautiful, fishy looking day, but I think the water temps are still a little too cold.

Really turned out to be a decent day. The weatherman scared alot of my customers away.

Just heard a report of several keeper striped bass and one black drum taken from Assateague this weekend. Time to get some CLAMS!!!

Looks like its a good time to have a 3 day work week coming up! Keep the reports flowing in.

Black Drum? this early.... wow thats good news.

Looks like its a good time to have a 3 day work week coming up! Keep the reports flowing in.

Black Drum? this early.... wow thats good news.

That black drum does seem a bit odd considering the h20 temps.

Anything is possible, I guess..

So the Newbie surf fisherman I am, Do you cast right in the breakers for black drum? or do you try and hit Spain? I am talking in general, not trying to say all black drum are in the breakers, just asking if you could only place your bait in one place where would it be?

Went today to AI fished from sunrise to 1230 no rock caught 10 skates and 2 sharks biggest shark about 7lbs. Saw Coop, hope you had a better day. Saw quite a few groups of birds working just outside the bar and at sunrise had 2 big dolphin going from north to south just outside the bar with about 30 birds working around them. Well did get some pullage and didn't have to work, just a matter of time before catching something with stripes. Now have to wait a week before I can go again have to do the job thing.

Dep243 - nice to hear your report even though it didn't include any stripers. Sounds like there was plenty of activity - alot better than the "fished all day, not a nibble" reports we've been forced to give for a while... The surf zone seems to be waking up :eusa_dance:

Fished for a few hours on AI with Coop today. Nothing going on but the rent... Water temp around 50 and a decent S/E wind. It was nice see with Pen Pal and HRfisherman.

I hope to get back out soon. I guess we'll see what this wind does.

Fished yesterday with Sam and joined later by herb and tom. Nice day on the beach but caught a whole lot of nuttin except for some skates.

Tom, I am glad those extra mags worked out for ya. Once you get use to her, pull those mags off. BTW, didn't get the thread yesterday, hopefully today. I'll have her finished for ya before the end of the week.

Scott,

I'm so jonesin to fish right now that I'd welcome a skate!!

out AI yesterday and saw Sam leaving also saw coop leaving, anyway Javier joined me being such a nice day, no action but still a beautiful day.

Scott,

I'm so jonesin to fish right now that I'd welcome a skate!!

Will fix that Bob this Trursday :blob1:

Fished Sandy pt on the bay.

7 rats to 18"

8 white perch up to citation size 12"

no pics because my camera finally succumbed to the salt air.

Saw a good number of over 30" beached maybe 5-6, and one over 40". A korean guy next to me who was very fun to fish with lost what was probalby a 30#er. He was at his car and I saw his rod double over, fall, and head to the drink so I grabbed it for him and handed it off when he came running back. He lost it when it got him into some rocks and his braid cut. From the 15 seconds I had it, it was a goodn'.

I was impressed at the number of fish landed be everyone, but I probalby won't go back. It was way too crowded with fishermen and punks. Especially after people read this.

I did get a lot of casting work in and with 4oz it's actually enjoyable compared to 8oz all day. The guy I mentioned above said I was a "wrong frower" so I took that as a great compliment. We traded some equipment talk and watched each others rods etc, it was a good day breaking the language barrier. He had some custom RS rods and just converted to conventional throwing...I think he's installing magnets as we speak! He also showed me a picture of one of his fish from last year in the same spot...:shock:

Also went to alltackle and got a thumb dinger, I think it will prove itself in creating more friction on the spool so I can keep it from slipping under my thumb when power casting heavier weights.

Wow thats pretty cool that that many fish came ashore there. Are u able to fish there after dark? It's been a while since I've fished there....not really into crowds. THere is a place just down the street there called Podicory Point . basically a parking lot that goes out into the bay. Was a great place to fish till we got kicked out for not being members:disgust:

The park is open 24 hours if you are actively fishing. There was one other group after dark. We fished until between 10-11 before getting froze out.

Hit the beach just before dawn. Man, had every bit of weather and conditions imaginable. Got there with the wind just starting to blow. By mid am, 20 knot plus wind out of the east, grass and debris (lots of balloons and ribbon) got bad and ended up using 8's to start and then changed to 10's. Heard a few claps of thunder. Then the wind came out of the south and just about calmed down by 1pm. It actually got a little warm and I dryed out from the deluge that happened around noon and went back to 8's. Left the beach around 3 and didn't want to leave. Very fishy...you know its bad when you start sifting through the sand looking for heads or scraps for bait that looked usable. Only had 6 bunker and about a dozen clams. I ran out of scraps that I found and left. I would of stayed till dark if I only had some bait/scraps left.

Well, looks like bluefish are back in the lineup, at least one...28". Had another hit as I was putting the sand spike back in and had a knee jerk reaction and pulled on it as soon as it hit,,,if I had a j hook, I may of been able to get a hook up. Didn't feel like anything big and may of been another blue, who knows. The surf looked ideal for stripers. Great conditions with that strong east wind, if it was only May.

Left and ran into a park ranger and said watch out for the little pup up the beach. Cool little guy. Wife says I stink like rotten bunker...lol...off to take a shower.

blue1.jpg.b170a1a89501d41fce53f7edfa4389

lineup1.jpg.7884d986570a27a53fa1d2f75eee

seal1.jpg.b8353661b27836ebaa28e8e63392c5

seal2.jpg.3c169745ee4a44831770ae15b64312

seal3.jpg.28283caa21c3faea17faca27eaa37a

Darn It! I always miss the seal.....

Good report, glad to hear of the blues in the water. Too bad this weekend might turn off the little bite that is on

coop good post cool pictures looks like you had company

Darn It! I always miss the seal.....

Me too!

Good job sticking it out there, Scott. I'm glad you got some pullage after this long skunk. Well, actually, you caught some last month, didn't ya? Never mind. :D

How could you smell like bunker with all that rain to day? Thanks for the report and pics....:glasses1:

I love seals...It's soo cool to see them in our waters....but what would happen if more and more were to show up....think they would close beaches for them to do there thing then leave?

I think if more of them started showing up, so would other critters. Big ones with teeth!

Great White from shore!

Well, a mako from shore would be a real possibility at that point anyway. I mean it's possible now, just not probable.

Can't say I'd be taking that hobie out at night with the flippers underneath.