15 posts in this topic

but just a little different.

Thought you guys might like to see the 35" cow I managed to land yesterday at Sandy Point State Park

Tight lines,

Excalibur

49a5kkk-1.jpg

Good job. Thanks for the pic.

way to-go, it was a nice day:glasses10:

now I wish I'd gone fishing yesterday:BangHead:

I'll be out there 12-12 tuesday, bloods or cut bait?

I'll be out there 12-12 tuesday, bloods or cut bait?

hmmmm, you will:icon_scratch: yakin' or beachin':dontknow:

I fished at roaring point on the naticoke River yesterday. Very much like surf fishing. I went loaded for bear though with all my surf rods while everyone else was using $20 walmart sticks! None of us caught a thing, however it was a great way to practice casting. I am actually starting to get a bit confident with my new conventional. I can almost get the same distance with my conventional that I get with my spinners. Did have a few minor backlashes and birdnests but only took me a few minutes to fix it, no major blowups YET.

purchased at Clydes. 4/0 circle hooks.

Next time -- if I wind up w/ better bloods, I'll move up on my circle hooks so I avoid the perch.

Take care,

Mark

cool thanks for the intel!

Did you get a bunch of perch as well? I may put a couple perch rods out if so.

Randy,

I may be yakking early if I can get my fish finder re-wired tomorrow. If not I'll be shore fishing 12-12. I have 1-3 buddies coming down after work to fish until midnight. Spool up that saltist and come on out!

Randy,

I may be yakking early if I can get my fish finder re-wired tomorrow. If not I'll be shore fishing 12-12. I have 1-3 buddies coming down after work to fish until midnight. Spool up that saltist and come on out!

I just might do that, I still haven't got a rod or spooled the Saltist yet, guess a trip to BPS is possible:icon_scratch:

Philip is comming over later and I'll see if he wants to-go as well. now I wonder if my "bay boat" saltwater license covers me on land:dontknow:

let me sea how the rest of my day goes today and how busy work is tomorrow and I'll let you know for sure:icon_salut:

let me know, no need to buy a rod quickly, once people get there I'll only fish one or two and you can throw that reel on one of mine and try them out before buying.

let me know, no need to buy a rod quickly, once people get there I'll only fish one or two and you can throw that reel on one of mine and try them out before buying.

ok, sounds good. will keep you posted Ben:icon_salut:

I picked up over a half dozen on my 4/0 hooks...

The catches were incidental...most of the times, I didn't even know I had one on..just saw my tip doing a lttle dance.

With smaller hooks and bloods, you could probably do fairly well on the perch from what I saw.

Of the ones I caught, a few had some shoulders to them...

Mark