10 posts in this topic

Okay, with the Microsoft Vista operating system taking over everything, bohica's excellent picture resize program no longer works for me. Steve and other "nay sayers" I must admit, you were right about Vista... Sucks.

On to Business:

Two favors for you all to keep in mind:

1. I need an easy to use program to resize pictures to the correct format and size.

2. I need the moderators to keep up with the folks who are using 3rd party photo housing sites to store the pictures. I have recently gone into the past few years and have found several invalid links from those servers who no longer feel it necessary to house your pictures for WHATEVER reason they deem appropriate.

Sooo.... We need to crack down on hot linking (click that link) pictures from other sites (including places like "photo-hosting" or whatever they are called) and use our well maintained and very user friendly upload attachment feature.

If you see someone using a third party program, and you are a registered user please inform the appropriate moderator and let them know of the situation. If you are a moderator, please save that picture and edit it to the correct resolution and file size and re-upload it to the same post.

I am not trying to be a pain here, but I can just imagine in a few years, all of these gorgeous shots of fish we worked so hard to catch will be lost forever because "photobucket" failed to stay in business.

Thanks for your help! :icon_salut:

I been using Free download Picasa 2. When you hit export you can pic size along with edit cropping etc.

Hey Dave,

I've been using Picasa as well, but it seems like so many steps just to resize a photo. Then I'm left with two copies of the picture. Picasa is a GREAT photo organizer program with lots of useful features.

I need something quick and easy.

Man, I'm so glad I opted out of Vista and kept XP Pro.

I figure, if it ain't broke, don't break it.

Does Vista have any good features? Or does it just pretty much suck at this point?

Man, I'm so glad I opted out of Vista and kept XP Pro.

I figure, if it ain't broke, don't break it.

Does Vista have any good features? Or does it just pretty much suck at this point?

Really depends on who you talk to. Some love it, but not me just yet.

Another problem with "Wasta" is it doesn't like the Ipod software.

So many people discovered the hard way that they cannot sync anymore.

Gee, think about it, a MS product not working with a competitor's product.

Go figure....

I'm still using MS Paint to resize. I just shrink to 30% and that's it.

remember bill owns part of apple.

but im anti ipod anyway. mp3's are fine, just dont like the pod

For those of you having problems syncing with iTunes, check out a program called Media Monkey. I use it for everything and it really has some nice features.

Available @ download.com