3 posts in this topic

In the search for a more durable FF rig I wanted to go to a McMahon snap swivel but the cost didn't make sense with the number of "guests" I have fishing with my rigs. There are other snap swivels out there but the coastlock and others all have the ability too catch the line with their locking edges.

While at BPS at lunch I came up with this solution. It will cost about $0.35 per rig and has the strength I was looking for without the edges. the only drawback I can see now is dealing with the snap rings.

I snap ring to the barrel first and then the sinker and then the shock leader runs through the barrel. This way the sinker should not stay twisted after a cast or twist up on retrieve.

Let me know what you think and if there is anything I may have forgotten about. Sorry for the crappy camera phone shots.

032907_13211.jpg.0c6d43f6d8a6d9542a16cd5

032907_13201.jpg.c4ace1bc60e080f818e6a91

Looks like it will work fine. By the way did you take that pic at home it's been about 2 decades since I was in Jarrettsville. looks like a lot has changed.

Looks like it will work fine. By the way did you take that pic at home it's been about 2 decades since I was in Jarrettsville. looks like a lot has changed.

nah, in the garage at work in Owings Mills...a lot has changed there too!