38 posts in this topic

Okay, a little question about tempers. I have seen the coolest, most collected folks on the beach absoluetely LOOOSE it when something happens.

Think about it.. You put so much time, effort, money and energy into catching that one elusive fish. What is the straw that broke your camel's back?

Mine happens to be when I have a casting problem and my line snaps. It's not really the birds nest that bothers me so much, but the shock leader I had to tie just right, the sinker slide, bead, $2.00 sinker, swivel, $1.50 Mustad Circle Demon and a nice, bloody, juicy fish head that I just tossed about 300 yards into oblivion. That is when I see red and smell smoke coming from my ears.:cussing:

Coop can attest to this... I have lost fish in the surf and I can maintain... :icon_wink:

Shock Knots can get under my skin BAD!

I may re-tie a Knot friggin 6-8 times before my obsessive compulsive self likes it. Sometimes I just go sit and walk away for a few!

when you have a gut instinct that something will go horribly wrong and u ignore it and go fishin anyway, like blowin up your tranny after you knew u should take the other truck prepared for the sand, I was ready to put a brick on her gas pedal throw her in reverse and aim her for the ocean!:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Going without a decent catch for 30 days and one comes along and a nice fish is hooked. Anxiety hits and you try to muscle her in when your tangled in your own lines and SNAP! Stupid stupid and more STUPID!...I hate making stupid mistakes, should let her go out a little go over/under the other two lines and then bring her to the beach. Did I say stupid! I hate to have one hooked and loose it, but I really hate to see one right there in front of me dissapear because of a bad mistake. Add broken knots to the list when a fish is on...after 12 hours of fishing, should of changed that darn shocker knot...again stupid! You may as well add blow ups to that list too, and oh yea, your at the pumps letting the air out and hooking the rods together that were on the top ski rack and putting them on the front rod/cooler rack and only to find out you left half of a rod on the open ski rack after you drive down 8 miles south...top section gone...you idiot!...Ive kicked alot of sand and even threw a bucket out of frustration.

Other than me being stupid, I am a pleasure to fish with...really.

Other than me being stupid, I am a pleasure to fish with...really.

How about getting a nice, fat black drum in the wash and it spitting the hook? I heard that really makes some folks mad!

I had a screaming fit moment Thursday morning at OBX. Since it was light out I started launching my casts a little further and had to change some mag settings, I tightened one too tight and snapped the nut off the reel housing. down one rod. I shifted to a spinner that I had rigged, well the 80 lb shocker I put on all of them didn't want to stay on the reel and I had overspooled a tad and was getting all knotted up. Went to the other spinner backup after going to a 50lb shocker and stripping 30 yards of line, got it all setup and casted, snapped the line and broke the tip top ring. I didn't notice that one of my beads had come inside the tip and when I casted the shocker knot caught it and that was all she wrote. 3 casts in a row on 3 rods in about 10 mintues. They guy 200 yds down must have thought I lost a huge fish or at least my mind.

I ended up taking the conventional reel apart and taping the guts together so I could use it.

For me, it's mostly gear that sets me off because I see it as preventable. Losing fish just happens sometimes...to everyone.

Sure, fish that just comes unbuttoned or never stick happens, but shouldn't happen when it's fishermans error (knots/tanglement/drag to tight...etc, which is gear/tackle). Thats what ticks me off!

Sam, I was ticked when that happened because I figured I wouldn't catch another. Low and behold caught several more that day. That was a fun day!

Sure, fish that just comes unbuttoned or never stick happens, but shouldn't happen when it's fishermans error (knots/tanglement/drag to tight...etc, which is gear/tackle). Thats what ticks me off!

Sam, I was ticked when that happened because I figured I wouldn't catch another. Low and behold caught several more that day. That was a fun day!

I think I was there the morning you lost that one in your lines, you were still pissed 6 hours later. It is quite a dance you must do when you hookup running 3+ lines in a 70 yard lineup. I never know what I'll do until its happening.

i have limited surf fishing experience, but when somethings irks me i just grab a beer, sit back and cool off

i have limited surf fishing experience, but when somethings irks me i just grab a beer, sit back and cool off

Can't use that tactic... I'd end up passed out some days! :)

:dontknow: how could anyone get mad/angry while fishing, it's such a relaxing sport:fucyc:

for me, I never get mad:angry3: .......just even:evil6:

I have never lost it on the beach......:color:......well ok a couple of times....

I have never lost it on the beach......:color:......well ok a couple of times....

Just a couple lol

I think we should have a comparison of Coop losing a fish and Oliver catching a fish...see who goes more nuts :happy3: .

Safely arriving at AI after a long drive, a blessing.

Tossing a line in and seeing, hearing and smelling the sea, a pleasure.

Getting a nice big roaring bonfire going, Schweet!

Pulling a cold one out of the cooler and kicking back, the ultimate!

Going to the food cooler, notice the drain isn't open......

Sandwiches are totally soaked in the cold water.

And there is no more food for two days.

Ziplock my &*^, guarantee the seal, yeah-right!

:crybaby2:

i was there for one of them moments maybe two lol.

I think we should have a comparison of Coop losing a fish and Oliver catching a fish...see who goes more nuts :happy3: .

my vote is Oliver.. all most X rated :)

my vote is Oliver.. all most X rated :)

Yes, but his ability to get over it rather quickly makes up for it... Sorry to take you title away, Oliver, but you are such a cool cat all around.

Yes, but his ability to get over it rather quickly makes up for it... Sorry to take you title away, Oliver, but you are such a cool cat all around.

I have fished with Oliver a handful of times last year and from what i know of him he is a really laid back guy to fish with only witnessed two events where he could have gone ballistic but recovered quite quickly.

It's easy to recover from a temper tantrum out there on the beach....all you have to do is take a look around:icon_thumright:

It's easy to recover from a temper tantrum out there on the beach....all you have to do is take a look around:icon_thumright:

So true, spoken like a minister at a sermon. It is a beautiful thing out there just you your rod a few drinks and the ocean.

I know better than that... That lost fish eats you from the inside out when he gets away. LOL

lmao. That's funny.

I lost my temper since Prozac,I'll let Dave know I'll be bringing some to the Spring Fling (I get it in a 3 month supply)JK:happy3: