Should we Seperate DeMarVa into 3 seperate forums?   31 members have voted

1. 1. Should we Seperate DeMarVa into 3 seperate forums?

• No, I like it the way it is. I already have to click too many times to get where I want to go! :)
    • Yes, I think these states deserve thier own forum. I mean, look at Rhode Island! :)
    • I could care less... Where are the fish?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

Okay, I have had a request for sperate boards (states for Delaware, Maryland and Virginia). what do you guys think? Is there enough water for this to take place?

I need some suggestions!

YOU DA MAN SAM!

I know I can get some more folks from VA over here soon.....

I liked it just the way it was. A one stop shopping for fishing reports.

i think it should remain the same until there is a large demand for it, sorry dixie, no disrespect but i believe everyone enjoys being able to see what is going on anywhere from one forum. know if it were to get to insane trying to figure out who caught what and where then im all for it.

No need for sorry!

Just a sugesstion from a newbie to your site. Hope to drag some of my counterparts here and flood it with some VA Reports.

Anyway, hope I can be an asset to the board and get some reports from the Va Beach area churning for yall!

Maybe you guys can break me in there up at AI this summer!

pm me i am available mon thru thurs anytime. gladly fish with ya an AI. and again welcome to the site.

don't change it until it's needed to be done in time I think the other state fourms will take off on there own once more people from other areas get to the site.

well to me Delmarva refers to the peninsula, and Virginia refers to the rest of the state :)

just like in MD

IMO Delmarva is the penninsula...just so happens that Delaware doesn't extend anywhere else. MD may deserve a Chessy section eventually, time will tell this spring.

The VBI's deserve a board just like NC's OBX, different fish and different tactics.

No need for sorry!

Just a sugesstion from a newbie to your site. Hope to drag some of my counterparts here and flood it with some VA Reports.

Anyway, hope I can be an asset to the board and get some reports from the Va Beach area churning for yall!

Maybe you guys can break me in there up at AI this summer!

http://www.atlanticanglers.com/delmarva-fishing-fourm-discussion/2479-spring-fling-5-12-06-a.html

Check it out and see what you can do, great opportunity to talk gear and fish. We'll all be near the entrance so it will be easy to hitch a ride...yes, we can actually drive on the sand (for now).

I think each state should have their own area.

Each state could be broken down into areas such as:

Maryland:

Delmarva Salt

Delmarva Fresh

Chessie Bay and it's tribs

Mainland MD

I think each state should have their own area.

Each state could be broken down into areas such as:

Maryland:

Delmarva Salt

Delmarva Fresh

Chessie Bay and it's tribs

Mainland MD

It certainly is possible..:)

Ok, here is my 2 cents....

One forum just for fishing reports, maybe a sticky that says how to post a standard report. Have a sub forum for each state. I don't see no need to break states down into geographical areas. We will have lots of forums with only a few posts in them. Put the Guides that Sam's mother created as a sticky under each states subforum.

Have another forum just for Saltwater fishing,Freshwater fishing, Gear and Tackle, Boating, Shoot the Breeze and of course the clubs such as AMSA.

I think 99% of all the posts would fit into one of those categories. I am a believer in the less main forums the better. When posts topics move off the main page in less than a day or two, then its time to split that forum up a bit, but until then we don't have the post volume to have 300 different forums.

Just my Humble Opinion,

Jim

PS -- a Crabbing forum would be nice too :)

EDIT --- There are some other forums that I think could be included. After re-reading my post it sounded like the only forums I wanted are the couple I listed. That wasn't the case, was just trying to make a point of the less forums the better. I know we need a 4X4 and Market Place etc...

If I may...

I think its fine the way it is.

I'm no Forum Wiz... but, I am good a marketing.

And when you start to have too many Forums/Sub Forums it makes the forum look Stale WHEN Compared to Leaving it Bundled up into one.

The Sum of ONE is ALWAYS Greater than the Sum of Several in this case.

Just my opinion.

RL

OR-

Put little Icons on the Bottom to Weed through the states.

IE:

DE

VA

MD

NJ

NY

PA

Etc...

With this forum software, I have to be cognitive of many things:

• How to keep the forums data in tact. One wrong click and I could loose an entire forum in the database (that would be catastrophic until my server support guys got their act together and fixed the issue, if possible) This is why I'm the Admin... Good Lord help us.

• How many forums is TOO much? I don't want the "old timer" who barely knows how to turn on his old Pentium 2 with windows 98 to get confused by all the different options. I can just image how quickly he exits the site and never returns.

• I have seen different computer forums with two or three main forums and thousands of topics not really relating to anything and they have millions of posts and thousands of users. MUCHO traffic = enough money to support the site and put their daughter through college.

• As referred to in a previous post, advertising is a necessity to have the site eventually support itself. I'm still digging myself out of the World Wide Web internet hole and It is something that just has to be done. I dont' like it more than any of you and I hate to put it on my favorite site in the world. It's almost a sell out IMO (in my opinion) but it's as inevitable as death and taxes.

• The bottom line: If I don't' have some kind of advertising income, the site goes down the drain. I will do everything I can to keep it up and running, even if it means going back to the freebie software with no support and a slow server. Hopefully, one day we can all look back on this and laugh while we sit back, have a few drinks and reel in some nice fish.

Thanks for your support, understanding, cooperation, word of mouth advertising and your paid ads for the site. And of course, everything else that goes unnoticed. You guys are making the site possible

• The bottom line: Stay with me, watch us grow and become one of the best fishing communities one the East coast! :eusa_clap:

"How many forums is TOO much? I don't want the "old timer" who barely knows how to turn on his old Pentium 2 with windows 98 to get confused by all the different options. I can just image how quickly he exits the site and never returns. ".....................I resemble that remark:icon_pidu:

One addiction, One forum....I am that remark.. Hey Sam, You cast it, I'll reel it in. Mox nix...

Well, after much thought and discussion with other website and forum designers, I have decided to seperate DelMarVa into three seperate forums. We all love our DelMarVa peninsula but these states expand outside of the actual peninsula.

I believe as the site grows, there are going to be folks who are outside of the peninsula who don't have the proper forum to post their reports, questions and advice.

Also separating the states will make it much easier for people to find information about their particular area within their state..

Thanks for your patience while I continue to modify and improve the site.