8 posts in this topic

I can't sleep! I get all excited about the fishing and can't sleep much in the spring. I got up at 4 am today and it's 2 am now (22 hours) and I'm not really tired. that's not that bad but I have been doing it like that since last thursday! I think I did have 5 hours one night but other than that I don't think that I have been to bed before midnight since early last week. I don't know if fishing is just engrained in my DNA or what but I get totally obsessed with it.

Don't feel bad I read this at 3:40 in the morning, and can't wait to go fishing Thursday.

Wow, I got 7 hours last night and I feel terrible... I hate mornings with a passion.:coffee:

i average 5 to six a day, and trust me my sched is so screwed up, I work 4 nights a week from 7 pm to usually 9 am, then sleep from 11 am to around 430.

I must have screwed my sleep habits up a long time ago, I get off work and home around 4 am and am up around 8- 8:30. just more time to fish. :icon_pirat:

You know, I was in the Air Force working some of the craziest hours and of course partying as well. Then, after being out for 2 weeks, straight into the Sheriff's Dept with another crazy sleeping schedule rotating back and forth, night and day... I never got used to the sleep schedule.

I have always been sort of a night person. I much prefer the night/evening when fishing, even if I'm not catching. Mornings actually hurt me. Even after 6-8 hours of sleep, 6am makes me ill. My dad is the opposite. He loves getting up at 6am and I've never seen so much energy. By 9pm, he is worth less than a sack of potatoes. THAT is when I'm ready to rock'n roll.:glasses2:

You know, I was in the Air Force working some of the craziest hours and of course partying as well. Then, after being out for 2 weeks, straight into the Sheriff's Dept with another crazy sleeping schedule rotating back and forth, night and day... I never got used to the sleep schedule.

I have always been sort of a night person. I much prefer the night/evening when fishing, even if I'm not catching. Mornings actually hurt me. Even after 6-8 hours of sleep, 6am makes me ill. My dad is the opposite. He loves getting up at 6am and I've never seen so much energy. By 9pm, he is worth less than a sack of potatoes. THAT is when I'm ready to rock'n roll.:glasses2:

Sam a Night Owl:confused: who'da thunk-it:eek:

me, I love getting up early, as long as its not for work:cwm21: and night fishing is also my favorite time to fish:eusa_dance:

if its not to cold out and I have plenty of coffee, I think I could fish for 20+ hrs :booty:

it's like some of those 24 Auto Races like the Rolex 24 in Daytona, as much as I love auto racing, I've always wondered if I could stay-up for 24hrs and watch it in person:happy3:

Nite fishing is where it's at.........there's not enough coffee in the world to wake me up in the AM.......I love pulling up to a fishing area just at dusk when everyone else is leaving....thinking to myself ....they are all leaving when the prime fishing time is just starting:hello: see ya people leave me alone here to catch all the fish...thankyou very much:icon_wink: