8 posts in this topic

Information provided by Howard Quillen, Legislative Co-Chair, AMSA

"Friends of the Earth, Blue Water Network division in December 1999 filed a lawsuit requesting all National Parks the do not have current management plans for ORV use, close those areas until a management plan was created. This action would have affected 37 National Parks. Assateague Island was named specifically in this suit. The management plan process can take 2-5 years to complete. Can you imagine not being able to access the OSV zone for several years? AMSA along with several other organizations were among the opponents to this law suit. On March 21, 2007, the case was dismissed from Federal court. Thanks to all members for your support. Without you, we could not have done it. Please see the court briefing for further details."

A great step in the right direction! Great Job, guys!

Good News! Good News!

Now we just need some fish to catch

While this appears as good news, it will probably surface again.

Certain "groups" will never ease their efforts to attempt a forceful resolution to the manner in which they think.

Keep your eyes and ears open and respect our public lands.

Feel fortunate that we live in a country that allows these groups to form a case.

Great news indeed, although I feel this is not the end of the battle, they will find another way to try to put a halt on off road use. I for one will be right there to stand up for what i believe in and to keep the beaches open for use.

Thanks to everyone who put in time, effort, and money to fight for our rights. Great job!!!