5 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a camper cap for my F-250. Due to the weight, the truck sags in the rear end quite a bit. Should I think about putting on air bags? Bigger shocks? Springs? I will only use the camper 6-10 times a year but I want to do it right. Any ideas? Thanks

while I have no practical knowledge about putting a camper on a truck, air bags will hold quite a bit of weight. The only question would be would the sand wear them out faster than normal?

Go with the air bags, for one it will stop the saging and give ya a better ride on the road and beach.

Go with the air bags, for one it will stop the saging and give ya a better ride on the road and beach.

X's 2 on the air-bags

stiffer springs would give you a hard ride on the street, where the air bags allow you to adjust ride height and quality to suit your needs

The least expensive option is to add a leaf yourself.

Costs more but safe and legal:

You can go to a camper dealer and have them set you up.

You should (in MD) have a certificate that states the truck is equipped with a camper package. This will include springs and a sway bar. May be other items, been awhile....

This is critical especially if there is an accident and it is attributed to the camper, insurance company may grumble about paying.