7 posts in this topic

I've got my mind on purchasing the Daiwa Sealine SLX50HA. I'm going to split time kayaking bait out and casting from the beach for sharks. Any of you use this setup?

I was comfortable using my Shimano Baitrunner 6500B with 50# power Pro with a nice heavy shock leader of mono. But I think the Daiwa sealine will allow me to horse the bigger ones.

Any advice is welcome....as long as it's good!

AWESOME choice for a reel. great for yakking or casting, just make sure you put the brakes in...trust me. I have one but havent used it yet since it hasnt seen the shark season but It will be abused this summer. I also have two in the 30 size.

personally I would reccomend that you still use 20 lb. mono. the extra line is worth more that the couple extra pounds of breaking strength plus it can be a pain to cast 30 lb. mono sometimes. what you can do is have a longer shock leader (50' or more) so you can horse him when he is close.

personally I would reccomend that you still use 20 lb. mono. the extra line is worth more that the couple extra pounds of breaking strength plus it can be a pain to cast 30 lb. mono sometimes. what you can do is have a longer shock leader (50' or more) so you can horse him when he is close.

If I'm not mistaken 50# Power Pro has a diameter equal to that of 12# mono. Are you saying 20# mono is still the best bet over braid on a conventional?

And my buddy sent me the thresher picture, however, I have to figure out how to crop him out of the picture because he is an under cover detective. I'll figure a way and get it posted.

I appreciate the feedback pierman..thanks!

I have heard a few people say that the strong braid will warp the spool after a while. plus I can't stand casting braid.