15 posts in this topic

Well I missed the yellow ones again this year. I went to the Tuckahoe River and this guy I met there said they had caught them all in early March for 2 days then that was it. I asked him what he was doing there and he was looking for the White perch run...DOH!!! a dollar short and a day late I think I am........ So we unloaded the yaks and paddled up river looking for something but no bites at all :-( gonna try Kent Narrows tonight and hope my luck will change:fish:

Good luck, Tom. Get some pics if you can!

Kent Narrows tonite was a bit chilly with small rockies..not a whole lot of the little guys either:angry5: Water temp was 47 degrees THink its still early for the big boys up here.

went again tonite and caught 2 small rockies...very depressing water temp was 52 thought there was going to be a good nite ...but nooo

Went out today past the mouth of the Eastern Bay in deeeeep water ...Marked all kinds of big fish(friends boat with this kick butt dept finder) but no takers..Only trolled for a few hours but nice seeing fish on the ol depth finder....baybe catch em next time....They were down real deep..........

Kent Narrows again tonite 4 little ones.........*sigh this is getting depressing:crybaby2: on another note my truck did roll into the water while I was trying to hook up the boat....caught it when the water was juuuusst below the front seat. GOt it started and got the heck outta Davy Jones land:dontknow:

Kent Narrows again tonite 4 little ones.........*sigh this is getting depressing:crybaby2: on another note my truck did roll into the water while I was trying to hook up the boat....caught it when the water was juuuusst below the front seat. GOt it started and got the heck outta Davy Jones land:dontknow:

Man, that was close! LOL... "Davy Jones Land"

I have been having problems with my Emergency Brake so I have been keeping the truck in gear as well as using the break. Well I guess they both failed cause the truck was in the water. I was in the boat running it up the trailer when I saw it going. Jumped out into the water and thank goodness I got the door open and in the truck before the water got up past the seats. Talk about a big ol DOH!!

omg I feel bad about posting any more about fishing in the Narrows....nothing but small ones(Rockies) no Elwifes ,Shad ,or Large Perch....and no big rocks.......did see them on the dpth finder but no takers....did have one hook up of a monster but lost it rite away:crybaby2: By this time last year had 4 large Rockies and lots of Shad amd Big ol Perch...Water Temp good 53...now but something different....can't figger it out:angry4:

OOOOKKKK Something a little better....Forgot my camera and net....and I only caught 2 little ones.But my buddies had 2 great fish. One we never did see just kept going North and fast and by the time we decided to move the fish was gone. The next my other friend had on got him up to the boat and lost him trying to grab him by the lip...This one looked to be in the 40 range . THey also caught 2 in the 24 inch range and I caught a big fat close to 0 fish all dang nite:binkybaby:

Good job, Tom. You forgot your camera and your net? Man, at least you brought your buddies!

Ya know the Camera was the one that really hurt Wish I had it cause he had that rocky rite along the boat 3 times before it spit the hook. That dang Net is huge and gets in the way but I guess it would have come in handy last nite. Gonna remmber the camera tonite:blob1:

OMG went out tonite with the camera and the net and all my buddies left me cause they said there was gonna be some wind....phoooie on them. Got out in the narrows at 9 and a beautiful nite.......then the wind picked up and then it picked up some more by 10:30 it was blowing white caps in the narrows. Then my anchor line gave way heading for the bridge at an incredible rate ...got the engine going pulled in the useless anchor and headed in. had to gun the little Waler almost full throttle just to make headway in the wind and the current....Maybe my buddies were rite after all .......0 fishies:angry7:

OMG went out tonite with the camera and the net and all my buddies left me cause they said there was gonna be some wind....phoooie on them. Got out in the narrows at 9 and a beautiful nite.......then the wind picked up and then it picked up some more by 10:30 it was blowing white caps in the narrows. Then my anchor line gave way heading for the bridge at an incredible rate ...got the engine going pulled in the useless anchor and headed in. had to gun the little Waler almost full throttle just to make headway in the wind and the current....Maybe my buddies were rite after all .......0 fishies:angry7:

Be careful out there, Tom. I bet that swim wouldn't be fun! At least you've got guts!

foodchain-1.jpgYes I don't want to end up as part of the ol food chain till a time of my choosing:icon_wink: