36 posts in this topic

It's getting close to the fishing season. Get your gear ready and hit the beach and have fun. Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

On the beach and not even a bite or a hint of a fish. Saw a seal for a breif moment swimming around in the trough. That was pretty cool.

You been up high or down low lately? Did you get a water temp? Couldn't have been too high with the seal in the wash.

Coop you're not helping my expectations for this weekend lol - come on guys get out there and catch something! Give me some hope!

You been up high or down low lately? Did you get a water temp? Couldn't have been too high with the seal in the wash.

Ben, didn't get a wt, the battery that was in my water temp gauge is now in my tv remote:D ...Been fishing low in the same spot and all the small ones have dried up for now. Still very very early. Hope to get into a Large or 2 this spring. Can't wait.

Steve, don't worry, thats surf fishing...some days you catchem and most days you don't. There is always some catching to be done at the end of March.

Looks like striper weather to me!

Fished the beach today with OC snapper. He was there all day, I hit the beach at 1:30. Beautiful day at the beach, the water looked fishy, but 9 rods in the water, and no fish......

Fished the beach today with OC snapper. He was there all day, I hit the beach at 1:30. Beautiful day at the beach, the water looked fishy, but 9 rods in the water, and no fish......

That sums it up for yesterday glad to see ya on the beach

Fished a while with Dad this afternoon and caught a few nice perch. Still not too thick, but saw a few nice ones landed by another guy. The grass shrimp were small and hard to find.

There was also a nice size otter swimming around for at least an hour. He came up next to dad just after he arrived and made a big splash. Dad just about fell overboard! :happy8:

Dad caught this perch with the bait net in the rocks!

101_2991.JPG.87d7871e70f3edb452470a47883

glad to see people are getting out i too hope to be hitting the beach soon. keep up the reports.

Fished AI today from 10 am till 5pm w/ ffemtreed (Jim) - 8 rods out, not a bite.

Was great to meet another member and was a nice relaxing day anyway - sure beats working!

Oh - and Jim has one coolest dogs ever! Lets here it for Bubba!

Trowpa said it all, No Hits No Runs No Errors (other than me casting). Fished from around 9:30am till 5:30pm, Used fresh bunker and clams. As Trowpa stated we had 8 rods out at one point between the 3 of us (Trowpa, Fish'ngrl422 and me)

It was nice meeting you Steve, hope we can hook up again and actually catch something next time.

Jim

BTW --- Bubba has a big fan club

Just curious... How was the wind and how well were you guys holding? Eight rods, you must have been ok.

Wind was touch and go all day. Morning when we got there it was really windy, then the wind died down a bit then came back. It was like that all day.

I am not sure what Trowpa was using, but I had 10's on my lines that where in the middle and 6's on my two other rods. We did get crossed a couple times, but for the most part everything was holding.

The funny thing now, I went about 50 yards down the beach to play with my new conventional setup and I only put a 4 on it just to learn how to cast it and that actually held with no problems, of course I waited for the wind to die while I was learning how to cast that thing.

I will say my face is pretty windburnt today.

I was up current from Jim - used 6oz on all 3 of rods, no problems holding with 6's. The wind really wasn't bad at all (although my red face today also tells a different story...)

Just came back for a walk on the beach with the kids this morning- looks like today would be much more comfortable, but alas I'll be "fulfilling my fatherly duties".

Can't wait to get back down in april when the action heats up!

Today from the beach...ZILCH, nice day tho.

avet2.jpg.250d6e7f8c4ee65fabe3c9f2962fd7

Nice pic - beautiful Reel Coop! Now i don't feel so bad about Saturday. If there were fish to be had, I'm sure you would've found them!

Nice picture, Scott! How was the wind?

Nice picture, Scott! How was the wind?

Judging by the pic it was pretty sheepish, at least at that point:dontknow:

That is a sweet reel :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool: was it hard to mag? Headin down

Sat. with my brother. Did you check the water temp?

Finally, calm winds all day. Every time I have been out this month, seemed to always be blowing 20 to 30. Not to sound like a :binkybaby: , all that wind was wearing me down.

Phil, didn't get a water temp and yes, it's an easy mag job. Takes about 10 minutes to put a knobby mag on the reel. Just got this Avet Saturday, 2 down...2 more to get. Slowly phasing out the 525's and replacing them with Avets.

Dave, when you wish for just something even a skate.... got your wish today. The water was fishy, did catch one skate.... no scales. What a day on the beach though.... What a gift today was weather wise though....

New line first 3 casts were blow ups..... with 2 break offs... great way to start a good day....

It was a very comfortable day on the beach. One skate (foul hooked). Dave, I hope your truck is ok.