14 posts in this topic

Are there any more of those British fish and chips food chains in the US any more Aurthur TRetches fish and chips?

Go catch yourself a doggie and deep fry it up...all I can say is yummy!

Dunno' what the existing chains use, the ones in the past used Haddock, Cod, Pollock and whiting.

Mickey dee's and others are probably still using that.

I have heard many use dogfish thats why I kept one and sure enough, taste just like the classic fish and chips.

I have heard many use dogfish thats why I kept one and sure enough, taste just like the classic fish and chips.

Most Europe countries use dogfish for there fish and chips.

So for the spring fling, perhaps Coop can do a demonstration on the proper preparation of dogfish and we can cook some up!

Trowpa,

We all know that doggies only bite on the hooks you do not intend for them. The best way to catch doggies is to fish for drum and stripers.

Doggies are tough to skin. I steak them and then skin the steak.

If you cook the shark with the skin on, it peels right off. Just make sure you bleed it while it's alive beforehand.

The problem I have found is that the skin on the doggies smells and tastes like burning hair if blackened at all.... learned that the hard way. So, it comes off when I cook em just to be sure it aint gonna taste like anything nasty as burning hair :icon_puke_r:....

I'm gonna have to try them :icon_rambo:

How do I bleed em?

What's the best way to clean them for frying?

What are the regs on keeping them?

If your going for fish and chips just steak or flay them out and toss them in some batter and your on your way.