12 posts in this topic

Hit schumaker pond wens eve for a little fresh water fishin to help scratch that itch, had a 23 inch pikeral (sorry bout the spelling) within 20 minutes of getting there and after that nothing. Did manage to clean up my reels and re spool them.

I live within walking distance of shumaker and have never caught a fish there lol or even seen one caught, but I do hear of ppl getting lucky there and I always see people out on the old bridge fishing. If you go down under the bridge next to the firehouse you can practically drop a hook in and pull out a (perch?) idk some little fish, I'll take a pic next time I go down there, its a nice place to go build some confidence when nothing is biting lol. Although I'm not sure how if at all the fishing in this whole area will be affected after they did all that work to the river in city park.

if your taliing about the spillway there are bluegill and crappie in there. you can also get trout there after the stockings

Use to fish Schumaker all the time a couple years ago caught a few bass over six pounds further up where it gets shallow but have caught a mix of just about everything there

clear.gif

got into some nice bass at shoemaker pond in salisbury the smaller baitfish seemed to be hanging in the spawning flats and the bass did not like it. the bass were pushing the bait fish right out of the water was fun to watch. i am sure we all can atribute our love of fishiing to the fun we had at local ponds fishing for the always fun to catch large mouth bass.

i love to sight fish almost like hunting!

not to bring up an old thread but,how far down can you fish that area after the spillway.think there would be any trout down through there?

not to bring up an old thread but,how far down can you fish that area after the spillway.think there would be any trout down through there?

If you are talking about the side closer to the park, you can fish quite a ways down there, not deep mind you but I do know they stock it with trout.

no the other way.isnt called beaver creek run or something like that?

got ya now, not sure if they stock trout on that side. but great largemouth, chain, and crappie spot.

just an fyi the are ai was talking about is called beaver creek and it is stalked with trout.some nice sized browns in there and saw a few smaller paliminos swimming around :icon_thumright:

rainbows too, but i think its fished out by now