10 posts in this topic

I know its not OC related but Philip and I had a fair day "pike" fishing. now for you non-believers, Philip caught the largest Chain Pickeral on, of all things....a Sabiki rig a closed face Zebco and 8lb test. this bruiser weighed 5lbs and measured 24" 8)

pike_1_28_06_147.jpg.80fbb22ce1263849a85

Hey man, great job! This site is for fishing of ALL kinds! I'm glad you got some action. :mrgreen:

thanks guys :D we caught a total of 12, all were released 8)

looks like foul-weather and the Super Bowl will keep us on-shore this weekend :(

Nice fish. I never caught one of those before. They Look like pretty neat fish. Are they strong fighters? :coolp:

Nice fish. I never caught one of those before. They Look like pretty neat fish. Are they strong fighters? :coolp:

yes, very strong fight on light tackle. we use 6 to 8lb test wth 12lb leader and 6' to 6'6" medium action rods wth spinning reels. they have many, very sharp teeth and Phil and I have both been bitten :lol: we usally use a red & white shad dart tipped wth a minnow and a bobber @ 18" above that. we have also had good luck wth Red & White spoons, blue & silver "rattle traps" and brown & white "broken-back" Rapalas. the ones Philip caught on the Sabiki rig was outta' left field :shock: . we usally use the Sabiki rigs in the Chesapeake Bay and in the canals of Ocean City to catch "live-bait" perch, spot, bunker, grunts and such. we usally have the women (wives & girfriends) fishing them as the action keeps them occupied and content for hours. they dont care about the size of the fish as much as the guys :D

Ahh, so it is true! Size really doesn't matter to women. Good... :lol:

Seriously, pickeral do have sharp teeth and are aggressive. My kind of fish.

yes, very strong fight on light tackle. we use 6 to 8lb test wth 12lb leader and 6' to 6'6" medium action rods wth spinning reels. they have many, very sharp teeth and Phil and I have both been bitten :lol: we usally use a red & white shad dart tipped wth a minnow and a bobber @ 18" above that. we have also had good luck wth Red & White spoons, blue & silver "rattle traps" and brown & white "broken-back" Rapalas. the ones Philip caught on the Sabiki rig was outta' left field :shock: . we usally use the Sabiki rigs in the Chesapeake Bay and in the canals of Ocean City to catch "live-bait" perch, spot, bunker, grunts and such. we usally have the women (wives & girfriends) fishing them as the action keeps them occupied and content for hours. they dont care about the size of the fish as much as the guys :D

hey, who told you post-up my pic, now everyone will know whatI looke like :oops:

I had to-do-it, I had to let people know that you are a human :)

and that "I" do know where the fish are 8)