14 posts in this topic

Schoolies were caught on the flats yesterday and probably again today...right on schedule. Water 45*

If fish did hold in NJ there should be a better then normal early AI run as they pass by in the next 2-3 weeks. That's assuming they don't know to use the C&D canal. It's been around long enough that I'm sure many fish figured out how to migrate through it after spawning...good for DE bay but bad for the chessy and AI.

Schoolies were caught on the flats yesterday and probably again today...right on schedule. Water 45*

If fish did hold in NJ there should be a better then normal early AI run as they pass by in the next 2-3 weeks. That's assuming they don't know to use the C&D canal. It's been around long enough that I'm sure many fish figured out how to migrate through it after spawning...good for DE bay but bad for the chessy and AI.

great news, thanks Ben:icon_salut:

if I can put a crew together this weekend and the weather is 1/2 way decent, I'll put-in at Sandy Point and drag some baits in the bay:icon_wink:

I'd try Breezy pt if you're going to trailer anyway, long way to go for a long shot though...

I'd try Breezy pt if you're going to trailer anyway, long way to go for a long shot though...

yeah, I know. we'll see whats up.

hell, if'in I ain't catching anything trolling, I can always head up into one of the rivers and catch some perch n' pike:happy5:

fish caught again 3/13, schoolies in the 20's 47.5*

SWEEEET! Going to try at the Kent Narrows thurs nite ...If they are in the flats they should be there:happy3:

ya know I have never fished the flats....such a wide body of water I would say this is where local knowledge pays off.....

How do you fish the flats ? by boat or shore ?

I grew up fishing conowingo but it's been a long time...

Ex

kayak, not sure I'll get the yak up there this year unless I have an entire day. Flats fishing is all about mobility and if I don't have the time to find the warm water it doesn't make sense. Even if the fleet is on them and I'm 2 miles away it still takes forever to get there.

I wasn't sure whether you were running there w/ a small boat or what...

I was curious because yesterday I ran across a fishing charter company that guides on the flats.

His rate was 580 for a full day - 6 people. 300 for half day.

Beyond my budget for now...

Ex

E, i wouldn't recommend a 6-pac charter for the flats. You sometimes need to get into some skinny water. Try a local guy. 2 or 3 anglers is about right for all the casting. Call Mike Benjamin at Herbs. He'll hook ya up.