Dave

Where does everyone stay when headin to the OBX especially if you have pets.

6 posts in this topic

just curious where everyone stays at the outer banks? anyone have pets that you take along? and again where does everyone stay then? just want to get some ideas, thanks.

usually I stay in my 4 dr corolla. sometimes I stay at friends houses and every now and then I stay at the owen's motel when I am fishing out of oregon-inlet, one of the closest you will find to the inlet and not bad rooms. nothing special but I am not there to live in luxury, I am there to fish my a** off!

just curious where everyone stays at the outer banks? anyone have pets that you take along? and again where does everyone stay then? just want to get some ideas, thanks.

There used to be a couple motels that allowed pets and they were a mess. You will probably have to rent a house where pets are allowed but you best flea bomb it beforehand. I tried to keep my dog in the truck one year as I was on the beach the rest of the time and she would just sleep but got caught and had to bring her to a kennel in Nags Head or get evicted.

I usually rent a house. Houses are hard to find that allow pets, but if you look hard enough and are willing to pay the extra deposits it is worth it.....

I bring my pooch with me and always rent a house. I never had a problem trying to find a nice place that allows dogs.

thanks for all the input guys, takin my dog with me sometime in july for some sharkin. just tryin to locate a place that does not run an arm and a leg.