6 posts in this topic

My first and potentially last transaction with Hatteras Outfitters

I’m a long time reader first time to post but wanted to share my experience and see what others have experienced with Hatteras Outfitters. I purchased on line, a pack of pre snelled short hooks, separate hooks and the fishfinder rig kit totaling $36.38 with shipping. I received the hooks and a package of 10 fishfinder rigs but not the kit which included the Crane swivels, McMahon snap swivels and beads. So far I’ve sent Hatteras Outfitters several e-mails and left several voice messages sine Feb 28th. I want to assure you that it’s not about the money as the difference is only about $10.00. I offered to purchase the fishfinder rigs but still wanted to receive the kit. I have not received any calls back or replies to me email messages. I am disappointed and certainly would not have expected this thinking they would want to correct the error and increase their customer base. I curious to see what others have experienced.

Maybe they went fishing???

Steve

:confused5:

Steve, welcome aboard. I have never delt with HO, but have heard mostly good things along with a few complaints, like the one you just stated. I know there is nothing more irritating than not getting return emails or phone calls. Hopefully he is just away and will get back to ya.

I placed one order only with them... I was basically satisfied, but the order took much longer than I would have expected to arrive (don't remember exactly how long - this was over a year ago).

Luckily when it did arrive,the order was exactly what I asked for and I didn't have to contact them.

No particular reason to gripe - delays can happen even with the best companies, but no particular reason to go back to them either....

Still waiting on a spool of line to ship here, ordered 8 days ago...no contact since the order. I think they are a great shop, seems they have trouble competing online though. Just my impression.

I have bought from him one time. Got what I ordered but it took a little longer than I thought it would being that I am only 15 miles or so up the road from him.

As for McMahon snaps he was the only outlet I could find that had them. They were pricey but had to pay it. As far as the snelled rigs you bought you got ripped on those, he is way high on those. If you need any more PM me and I can fix you up for about $1.50 each better yet show you how to tie your own.

just did a little search, ad alltackle ahs mcmahon snaps, my recent transaction with them was very good. ive also heard good things about randys bait shack, and we cant forget harbor tackle. there are enough places out there that if you have trouble, its not hard to switch your business