20 posts in this topic

stopped in gander mountain to get a spool of line, was looking for suffix, but they didnt have any large spools, where do you guys get the 1/4lb or 1lb spools at?

Try Delmarva Sport center I know they are going to close but what they have is on sale.

I just ordered a 1lber from hatteras outfitters, takes about a week. $ but I got what I wanted without running around for it so I think I broke even on gas.

hmmm, nothing under 20lbs. , i'l keep lookin, lol

hmmm, if you don't see it on there site. give Keith a call, I'm sure they'll be able to find/get what your looking for:icon_wink:

couldnt have posted this last week could ya? i just drove by there saturday, lol

my bad, was lookin at the wrong place, they have the tritanium in 12, 14, 17lb

my bad, was lookin at the wrong place, they have the tritanium in 12, 14, 17lb

yup, I knew they had that:)

I got my big spool of 20lb Suffix Tritanium at Cabela's. I don't see it listed on their website though.

I got my big spool of 20lb Suffix Tritanium at Cabela's. I don't see it listed on their website though.

who's site, Cabela's or All-Tackle?

While we're talking about line, have any of you noticed a difference with different colored lines? I got a spool of green stren (17#), but haven't used it yet. I've only used clear mono in the past. That red cajun line looked tempting too, actually it kinda made me hungry. Anyway, I just wondered what the general consensus was for line.

While we're talking about line, have any of you noticed a difference with different colored lines? I got a spool of green stren (17#), but haven't used it yet. I've only used clear mono in the past. That red cajun line looked tempting too, actually it kinda made me hungry. Anyway, I just wondered what the general consensus was for line.

well I've tried the Cajun Red and I didnt like it, way too stiff and way too much memory.

I've use to use Berkley Trilene XL, XT & Big Game in the past wth great success but now I only use Ande

well I've tried the Cajun Red and I didnt like it, way too stiff and way too much memory.

I've use to use Berkley Trilene XL, XT & Big Game in the past wth great success but now I only use Ande

ive used ironsilk for eyars, but was going to try sufix, hows the ande compare to trilene?

ive used ironsilk for eyars, but was going to try sufix, hows the ande compare to trilene?

Ande vs Triline, well I've had NO problems outta' either one, so I'd rate them as the best mono, imho.

now as I've posted before about my line(s) because I have so many rod's n' reel's and Ande has so many different color/weight lines, I have my lines spooled wth a certian color: ie: my 8lb is back-country blue, 12lb is clear, 17lb is tournment yellow, 25lb is my hi-vis green green, 50lb is pink and so-on and so-on

I've never used braid, so I can't comment on it other than the fact that Philip has finally seen the light and is switching from Power Pro Braid back to mono because he can't find a knot that wont slip wth the braid.

Ande vs Triline, well I've had NO problems outta' either one, so I'd rate them as the best mono, imho.

now as I've posted before about my line(s) because I have so many rod's n' reel's and Ande has so many different color/weight lines, I have my lines spooled wth a certian color: ie: my 8lb is back-country blue, 12lb is clear, 17lb is tournment yellow, 25lb is my hi-vis green green, 50lb is pink and so-on and so-on

I've never used braid, so I can't comment on it other than the fact that Philip has finally seen the light and is switching from Power Pro Braid back to mono because he can't find a knot that wont slip wth the braid.

see now ive got 3 to choose from, thanks alot! i tried braid 1 year, and will never use it again. you just cannot get all the salt out of the line

I prefer a bright colored line with a clear or similar shock leader, to a swivel and flouro to the hook. The bright line is a huge asset when sending your rigs out, when it's windy, when fighting a running fish...you get the idea, it's better for YOU to be able to see it and with the shock leader and hook-swivel leader it doesn't matter.

Used ande last year but I'm trying suffix this season after the recomendation by nearly everyone on the board. I'm hoping it has less memory and I can get a few yards on my casts out of the switch.

I bought some tritanium plus from Akes for only $34,,,over 3000 yards. If he had more I would have bought more at that price.

I use the sufix tritanium and have had great results with it. Only problem is I started respooling my reels for the upcoming year and found out they discontinued the sufix tritanium in the orange/red color. I will use the sufix on all reels except one and I will be trying the high seas in the red for the first time.

Watch out with that red/orange stuff. Snapper Blue fish will hit it if around and you will lose many rigs. Not sure it will be as big a problem in these parts but at OBX another story. Seems like they hit it where the line enters the water. I stick with the green from now on.

the 2 best I have used are suffix tritanium and cuda. the cuda is a little thicker than the suffix but I think it handles better sometimes.