13 posts in this topic

I hear that Skips on talbot st is sold( not planning to reopen)....and Delmarva Sports Center is going out of business....has anyone else heard anything about it??? Sad if its true...:confused5:

That's a shame.....got some good advice from Delmarva plus they sold beer and bait.

yeah its true, Skip's has been for sale for a few years now. my wife kept kidding me about buying it but I dont wanna' work anymore:happy5:

and I had just heard @ Barb closing DelMarVa:confused4:

I also noticed the one out on Rt 589 closed, Rainy Day Bait & Tackle I think it was called:dontknow:

Well we still got Doug @ Ake Marine, Bev @ Harbor Tackle and Sue @ Oyster Bay and Bucks Place out on Rt 611 has some tackle & bait, all good places:icon_thumright:

Man the only places left are going to be the big outlets (gander, etc) I would hate to see that, the small mom and pop stores prices might be higher but i would gladly pay it just for the one on one you get from them. sad sad thing to see.

Dave, I'm going to have to agree with you. Supporting local small businesses is so important.

Yep, you gotta support the local shops. I do go to Gander Mountain. Pretty much all the stuff I buy there is for freshwater. But I usually buy from the local shops (Harbor Tackle :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: ) for all my salt needs.

But anything Bev does not have she can usually get. I don't mind paying a few extra bucks to keep the small shops going.

out on Del rte 54 was pretty good to me last year.

They had all the stuff I wanted for sharkin' and...lent me crimpers, etc. so I could make up rigs right in the store.

Their finger mullet was also better than fenwick/oyster bay tackle.

Prices seem a bit higher but I pass right by them on my way into the shore.

Ex

Prices seem a bit higher but I pass right by them on my way into the shore.

yeah but NO sales tax in DE, so that can be a good-thing:icon_wink:

Now on a positive note, in the last couple of days we've had 2 new Tackle Shops/retailers-wholesalers join Atlantic Anglers.com and they are: AllTackle in Annapolis and Squidnation are now members of this site.

welcome aboard guys:icon_salut:

Agreed,always use your local bait shop if possible. They were here way before the big chains came to town.. Granted sometimes you need to go big but I like dealing with the locals when possible....

Yeah Chris,Talbot st. was a hangout for me,all the way back to the days of Orie Bunting.---WOOPS,SHOWING MY AGE NOW.Gonna miss them both,same as I miss swinging on the bar chairs at Shantytown!!!

Yeah Chris,Talbot st. was a hangout for me,all the way back to the days of Orie Bunting.---WOOPS,SHOWING MY AGE NOW.Gonna miss them both,same as I miss swinging on the bar chairs at Shantytown!!!

My first job "13 years old" was @ Something Fishy in Shantytown. Its a shame they shut down the whole area. I also used to fish on the Miss Ocean City alot with my dad.

Bucks Place will set bait out after hours for you if they will be closed when you get down to the beach....then on the way out you pay 'em. How awesome is that??

Barb at Delmarva would do that for me every time I came down. Bev at Harbor will do it too....