6 posts in this topic

what is everyones top 3 flies for Obx any special colors? i have fished Obx alot but this will be my first trip with a fly rod.

I have a sneaking suspicion you'll come up dry on this one, not many salt fly guys here. I may be one of a few and I know nothing, I only call myself a salt fly guy because I have a rod for it.

lol yeah - i don't own anything over a 5wt - would love to change that though!!!!

I just started fly fishing at the end of last season and im far from an expert myself. I have plenty of flys clousers, deceivers. half and halfs, bend backs and a few crab patterns in all the hot colors i'm sure i have something that will catch, just looking for an edge with only 3 days to fish i want to shorten the learning process.

I just started fly fishing at the end of last season and im far from an expert myself. I have plenty of flys clousers, deceivers. half and halfs, bend backs and a few crab patterns in all the hot colors i'm sure i have something that will catch, just looking for an edge with only 3 days to fish i want to shorten the learning process.

take everything and then hit the tackle shops and ask, best I can say.

Thanks Mdram lots of info and all kinds of spot burning too. LOL