9 posts in this topic

Heading south with the wife for a long weekend provided the weather holds. Found a nice B&B that we're going to try out and I'll see if I can snake about 6-8 hrs a fishing a day while we're there. Hoping for a drum or 5 or 6.

Be down Mar 24th-26th if anyone is around send me a PM and we can trade reports or hook up for a day of bait-n-wait.

I am doing a four day weekend 9th thru the 12th i will have computer with me a few big drum were caught a few days ago at haterras inlet and a few puppys have been caught as well. if i do any good i will keep you posted. I need this bad i hope the weather man is right for a change looks like good weather.

Jim

looks like you'll get a favorable shift in the wind while you are there, good luck!

at this point a skate will work need the first pullage of the year, but a big fat drum should break my new line in for the season. i checked with red drum tackle and the say they should have plenty of fresh, they have had fresh bait all winter.

that's good news on bait, I was wrong on the wind forecast though. Hope you get a finger of warm water to bring some bigguns in. Some had a very good weekend but then they were gone once the S wind left.

well that weekend is dead at least from a B&B weekend with the wife standpoint. I'm still looking to head down solo once the wind heads the right direction for a couple days. I'll keep ya'll posted and if you want to ride and share some gas costs I'm all for it.

Window of the 24th - Apr 7th, I get the right wind I'm gone. I'll post with a day or two notice.

I had the truck packed Sunday morning and bagged the trip in favor of some more predictable winds...hate to drive 7-8 hours and not get the right blow for more then 10 hours.

Looking like Wednesday eve-Sat morning if the SSE forecast holds.