15 posts in this topic

I see in the md regs that there is supposedly a 3 rod limit. I've fished up to 6, am I breaking the law or is it different on the atlantic?

What about other states? i'll probably hit VA, NC, and SC this year and don't want to get surprised.

i think thats a non-tidal regulation only

I hope there's not a limit. I usually fish 4-5 rods.

IN TIDAL WATERS OF THE STATE IT IS LAWFUL:

1. between June 15 and December 31 of each year, for an individual to take or shoot fish, within specific seasons and limits established by the Department, with a spear gun and spear.

2. to take or shoot, carp, garfish, skate, bull fish, shark, oyster toads, or swelling toads (blowfish), American eel, sea lamprey, stingrays or other ray fish with a spear gun or spear at any time.

2. to snag or use bow and arrows to obtain carp, garfish, skate, bull fish, shark, oyster toads, swelling toads (blowfish), stingrays or other ray fish ONLY.

3. to use a seine up to 50 feet in length and five feet wide to obtain bait minnows.

4. to use a cast net (up to 10 feet in radius) in the Chesapeake Bay and tributaries where nets are permitted.

5. to keep any size white perch if caught by hook and line.

6. to use an "umbrella rig" that has no more than two (2) hooks or two (2) sets of hooks

IN TIDAL WATERS OF THE STATE IT IS UNLAWFUL:

1. to have in one's possession aboard any boat on the tidal waters of Maryland any striped bass CUT UP or FILLET during the open or closed season for striped bass. Striped bass must be landed whole.

2. to have in one's possession aboard any boat on the tidal waters of Maryland more than fifteen (15) pounds of any fish CUT UP upon which a size or weight limit is prescribed by law or regulations.

3. to have in one's possession American or hickory shad.

4. to use more than two (2) hooks or two (2) sets of hooks for each rod or line. Artificial lures or plugs with multiple hooks are considered one (1) set of hooks.

5. for a person to use eel as bait except during the recreational summer striped bass season.

6. to cull striped bass during open seasons.

7. during striped bass season to fillet a striped bass. Striped bass must be landed whole.

8. to fish for striped bass by any means or practice catch-and-release of striped bass in spawning rivers from March 1 through May 31

OCSnapper! those look like the regs for the Bay and not coastal.

Very Very confusing! It amazes me at how different the rules are between the bay and the ocean.

Kinda off topic, anyone know why its illegal to crab on Wednesdays unless you use handlines?

I believe that they are for the bay and ocean, with some small differences for the ocean as in size limit but as for how may rods it is the same. The regs are not the most clear and decisive as one would think.

cool, I wasn't going to stop just figured I would ask!

I usually fish at least 3 rods, sometimes 5

I usually fish 4 rods.

I fish 4 which is just about max for me when fishing hard.

2 line limit in delaware so i take the wife, i usually only fish 1 with bait while i throw plugs or fly rod

2 line limit in delaware so i take the wife, i usually only fish 1 with bait while i throw plugs or fly rod

I love Assateague :icon_syda:

no-where in those regs does it state how many rods one can use, just the # of hooks per rod, which takes us back to the Sabiki Rig debate.

I fish 4 which is just about max for me when fishing hard.

I agree 4 rods for 8 hours is about 130+ casts, depending on the weight thrown you're in for a long day.

:icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: Delaware Recreational Fishing Size, Seasons, and Creel Limits

No license is required for hook and line recreational fishing in tidal waters. It is illegal to fish for any species of game fish (see Gamefish and General Fishing Restrictions)

with more than two hooks and lines, and each hook and line shall have no more than three separate lures with hooks.

Hey Randy i was taking Lines to mean no more that 2 rods i thought it said lines because of hand lines???? Its not real clear to me??? anyone know the delaware rules on how many rods??:icon_scratch: