7 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has been catching any walleyes up liberty this year. I know things must have bee iced up for a while, but this is the time of year I start to get the walleyes. Have not had a chance to get up and see the water level. Wondering how high it is on the bc side of 26?

Liberty is iced-up around the shore line and theres not much room to cast right now as the lake is full.

some crappies being caught of at niccodemis bridge and the boating season starts soon, haven't heard of any walley's action yet but your right the bite should be soon as temps go up, might look into a scouting trip tomorrow:confused: .

you from these parts?

Yes sir, grew up in Towson and still basically live there. I have fished Liberty pretty hard since about 1990. All the fishing I have ever done in the resivior has been from the bank. I have to admit that I have not fished it as hard in the last 5 years but I still like to make some late winter early spring trips when I can and as many fall trips as I can muster in between taking my bow for a walk. Do you like to fish the resivior?

Love working the walleyes - a splitshot a #4 hook and a bull minnow - take along a good powerful flashlight and your walking boots- I usually sight fish for them at night this time of year. Around Easter I usually set up and begin putting out the spread for stripers as well. We have caught the vast majority of stripers on livers. All in all we have a good time with it until about the first week of June. Once the perch turn on it gets to be way too frustrating.

well I grew-up wthin bike riding distance of Liberty as a kid, so we've been fishing Liberty pretty much since @1966:eek:

since I got my saltwater boat and we discovered surf fishing, we don't fish Liberty, Loc Raven and Pinney Run that much anymore. eventhough one of our fellow A/A's (Philip A) has a 16' resvr boat wth full electric's but we haven't used it in @4 years now and we're both only @3 miles from the ramp:icon_scratch: and he gets new Liberty stickers every year:fucyc:

I would like to wet some lines soon, either by land or sea:fish:

My best shoreline fishing has come from the North side of Rt 26 bridge Quite a hike to the first cove. Night crawlers just above the bottom or you can blow them up. Mepps spinners just walking shoreline in early spring will produce also. GREAT LAKE!

Hard to blame you for not getting out to Liberty. I just can't help going up there at least a few times a year - even though I spend most of my time fishing down the ocean - just not enough time - is 35 too young to retire? So I take it no one has gone up there to work the walleyes any. I should be there tonight - (I left every single rod I own down the beach) RUBBISH!!!!