79 posts in this topic

Fish will be here soon, so get ready. There may be a few to be had as we get into the end of the month and who knows...maybe earlier. You never know unless you give it a shot. Go fish and have fun!

:eusa_dance: MARCH:eusa_dance: thank god, I'm starting to lose it.

Same here. Looking forward to warmer weather...

Think I might try saturday if the weather cooperates

Oliver, when do you set sail?

just got back yesterday... we are in for a few weeks so I have my weekends free again for fishing!!!!

What is in the surf this time of year? I know a few native stripers are around and some spiny Dogs and skate. Anything else I am missing?

What is in the surf this time of year? I know a few native stripers are around and some spiny Dogs and skate. Anything else I am missing?

skunk are prevalent this time of year as well.

Took the yak out today with the fly rod Delaware bay around lewes is still a bit cool 40.5 degrees at noon no hits at all but it felt great to get out . Won't be long 57 degrees and sunny on saturday but it's gonna blow SW 20 to 25 gust to 30

Stripers can be had with larger ones towards the end of March / beginning of April but thats about it except for doggies and skates. Dave (ocsnapper) got one the very beginning of March. Fish can be had, soak the bait and you just never know. There are fish that do winter over some where near our shores and will migrate pass our waters to their spawning grounds, wherever that may be...ches or del or other local tributaries...who knows for sure. Water temps hit the 40's, I say FISH.

Took the yak out today with the fly rod Delaware bay around lewes is still a bit cool 40.5 degrees at noon no hits at all but it felt great to get out . Won't be long 57 degrees and sunny on saturday but it's gonna blow SW 20 to 25 gust to 30

Man it's good to hear a report...Nice report Jim.

Coops right and I hope tomorrow I will get another :icon_rabbit: so anyone want to hit the beach I'll be heading out..

I think i am going to try OBX the 9th thru 11th just checked rutgers data and south of the point looks fairly warm. I need some pullage badly been laying in puddles fixing frozen broken plumbing at all hours of the day and night for a month and it's time for a break!!!

I was in the Chester River today and was marking alll kinds of fih on the depth finder (just wish I had my rod with me:eek: )

Nice catch...that darn fish looks like it has freckles.

Nice catch! Any details?

Coop just called me. He is catching keepers at the beach! Water temp 39 degrees. :icon_thumright:

they've been waiting for him to come back...they've missed him.

Coop just called me. He is catching keepers at the beach! Water temp 39 degrees. :icon_thumright:

Damn:eusa_shifty: and I gotta' work:hiding: good Job Coop:happy2:

Nice! can't wait to hear the details....gotta start making my plans to come down....

Great news! I plan to be out on the beach bright and Early next Saturday morning!

I can't wait! Been a few weeks since I been on the beach!

I hope Coop has his camera:icon_thumleft:

I hope Coop has his camera:icon_thumleft:

Me too since I could not make it out with him today :angry2: well just have to wait till Thursday before I hit the beach anyone else able to let me know..

Fished today and started out the spring season with a keeper. 2 stripers, 1 very short and 1 healthy fat 30". Caught the small and then checked the water temp, 39*. About 15 minutes later rod went down and had to do a double take on it, looked out in the ocean figured there had to be a gull hung up in my line...didnt see one, looked back at the rod seeing bounce down and then up and looked back out in the ocean to see if somehow I missed seeing the gull...nope, sure enough a fat 30" striper in 39* water,,,right spot at the right time. I guess the winter overed fish are on the move to their spawning grounds regardless of what that water temp is.

Nice to finally fish and talk with Fred (sandcaster). Nice day on the beach tho a bit breezy. Checked the water temp at noon and it climbed to 41*.

STRIPER3507.jpg.d3ae910190ed43fc40add4b0