83 posts in this topic

now I have 3 prototypes on the way to me as of today. so Im looking for 2 Atlantic Anglers to field test them. 1 surf fisherman and 1 boat fisherman and I'll punish the 3rd one:evil6:

I'll post some pics of them up later this week as soon as I get them from my brother Jeff in So-Cal:icon_salut:

this is the latest invention brought to you buy UNLCC, "Products for Fisherman Designed by Fisherman" and we have several more inventions in the works for fisherman:eusa_dance:

I'll give it a go if you want, but I don't fish as much as some of these guys so I may not be the best to test in the surf.

I'll give it a go if you want, but I don't fish as much as some of these guys so I may not be the best to test in the surf.

Ben, let me see, I'd like to get people who will test it strengths and weaknesses quickly so we can make any needed corrections to the final product and get them to market:glasses2:

the sooner the better as we have too many other Fisherman-Friendly products waiting in the wings for development:happy2:

I'd be able to give it a decent test towards the mid-end of March for about 30-40 hours of fishing...best I can do.

Randy, I am going to start fishing on a regular basis starting monday. Not sure what the thumb dinger is, but I cetainly would be available to give it a punishing whirl.

Randy, I am going to start fishing on a regular basis starting monday. Not sure what the thumb dinger is, but I cetainly would be available to give it a punishing whirl.

You've found your man

Randy if COOP can't I start fishing the river this weekend and Fish at least 3 -4 times a week here on out for the river Stripers. From the shore line.

ok, Scott will get one and Bob and I'll decide on Ben or Flamethrower for the 3rd. so I'll need some addresses to ship them to you guys, just PM them to me.

now the Thumb-Dinger, kinda' hard to discribe wthout the pictures but I'll try.

ever had a fish on that started screeming your real? and your first instinct is to put your thumb on the spool? well if you've done that, you know the consequences, a burnt/sore thump....

now the Thump-Dinger*(patten applied) is a slip on cover/thumb glove that goes over either thumb wth a wrist strap on it that attaches to your wrist wth velcro.

1. now if you want to slow-down a fish that is about to spool you or just slow down his run, you'll just lay your thumb on the spool. this also allows you to run a lighter drag on the reel as you now have more control.

2. on the otherside, as your "thumbing" line back on a non level-wind reel, you wont "chaff" your thumb on the wet line, mono or braid as you reel.

3. for you surf caster wth spinning gear tossing heavy wet line mono or braid wth alot of lead. ever have your index finger get so sore and raw that you can't cast anymore? well, I have and the Thumb-Dinger can be worn on just the index finger for casting, so you can fish longer.

Im sure there be other uses for it, but thats the 3 primary uses WE designed it for. if your still not clear about how it works, once I get them I'll put-up some pics. I think you'll all like it. the final version will be in dark blue wth a Tuna embroidered on it.

stay tuned:icon_salut:

Got it

Sounds like a finger bandage I once had to wear it was made out of muslin with 2 long cotton strings that came up and tied around my wrist

Don't know if their still around

Sounds like agood idea to me wish you success.

Randy, looks like you've got some interest in it already! This looks promising!

Randy, looks like you've got some interest in it already! This looks promising!

Thanks Sam, I sure hope-so as it moves Barb and I, 1 step closer to becomming your neighbor:icon_thumleft:

and as soon as the finished product gets done, we WON'T forget those who helped US along the way Bro':icon_pai:

I'll help ya out Randy still fishing almost every week. Looks cool I take it will work right or left handed?

I'll help ya out Randy still fishing almost every week. Looks cool I take it will work right or left handed?

Dave, it is suppose to fit either hand.

now I only have 3 demo's comming in the mail this week for testing and there all spoken for but I'll see about getting more of Batch # 2 and getting some in the mail to you, Sam and others:icon_salut:

thanks for your support guys, IF this takes off, We ALL Ride:icon_pidu:

Hey Randy, this is constructive criticism and personal preference from just looking at your invention.

I have tried those leather things you put over your finger to help with line burn. I found that I hated them because they where so thick and bulky. I now resort to using electrical tape and sometimes scotch tape around my casting finger because I like the feel of the line I get with that.

I would use/buy your product if it was made out of a thin material that still let you feel the line. I know there will be a tradeoff between durability and sensitivity, you'll just have to invent a new fiber that is durable yet sensitive :icon_scratch:

Just for clarification, I never casted a conventional reel, I am strictly a spinning reel guy for now (going to try conventional this summer).

Hey Randy, this is constructive criticism and personal preference from just looking at your invention.

I have tried those leather things you put over your finger to help with line burn. I found that I hated them because they where so thick and bulky. I now resort to using electrical tape and sometimes scotch tape around my casting finger because I like the feel of the line I get with that.

I would use/buy your product if it was made out of a thin material that still let you feel the line. I know there will be a tradeoff between durability and sensitivity, you'll just have to invent a new fiber that is durable yet sensitive :icon_scratch:

Just for clarification, I never casted a conventional reel, I am strictly a spinning reel guy for now (going to try conventional this summer).

well now, thats what we want to hear and I agree about sensetivity thing, I too find myself putting tape on my finger aswell to cut down on chaffing.

now att, it's made from Nylon and should be ok, we thought of using the same material that "wet suits" are made from, but we'll see.

thanks for your input:happy2:

Great idea Randy. The dark blue with a tuna embroidered on is going to look sharp. What are you ball parking on the consumer cost now? And what is your production time frame? I'd like to purchase a few for the summer charter season to send to some buddies down on the gulf.

Randy,

Neoprene WOULD be more sensitive, but I try to avoid it during the summer.

Great idea Randy. The dark blue with a tuna embroidered on is going to look sharp. What are you ball parking on the consumer cost now? And what is your production time frame? I'd like to purchase a few for the summer charter season to send to some buddies down on the gulf.

looking to have @500 done by the end of this month and wth my brothers connections at West Marine and now Cabela's, we hope to have them in stores by early April.

price is still being kicked around but we think $14.95 each:glasses10: and Atlantic Anglers members will get first shot and at a reduced price:icon_thumleft:

I melt electrical tape so neoprene would likely do the same. Nylon may melt as well on big runs esp with braid. If you could set it up with a thin leather/synthetic "palm" that would solve the heat issue and would have serious grip. I would have trouble surf casting with nylon because as the rod loaded the force of the weight would want to turn the spool and I don't think the nylon would offer enough friction without a lot of pressure. Of course I have to try it out to see for sure.

I could stop by the house and try one for an hour or two practicing in a field and let you know for sure.

Just initial ideas.

Quick turn around, looking forward to getting my hands on a few.

I melt electrical tape so neoprene would likely do the same. Nylon may melt as well on big runs esp with braid. If you could set it up with a thin leather/synthetic "palm" that would solve the heat issue and would have serious grip. I would have trouble surf casting with nylon because as the rod loaded the force of the weight would want to turn the spool and I don't think the nylon would offer enough friction without a lot of pressure. Of course I have to try it out to see for sure.

I could stop by the house and try one for an hour or two practicing in a field and let you know for sure.

Just initial ideas.

yeah, I hope to have them by friday and "YES" there will be a piece of leather sewn into it to protect the thumb