12 posts in this topic

I have 4 of the pickiest kids when it comes to eating fish. The oldest (13) will eat most of the fish I cook the others won't touch them unless I threaten grounding and household chores. I really hate to be the bad guy but does anyone have anything that might appeal to the younger ones?

You don't want to associate good food with punishment.

Don't force them, give them a choice.

Baked, broiled/grilled, or fried....

That sucks that you have that much trouble getting them to eat fish. My father use to cook me rock fish for breakfast when I was just a wee one. Keep on them, it has taken me some time to get my daughter to eat somethings but in time she was willing to try some and found out that she likes some of them.

I have a problem getting my daughter to eat anything that doesn't' list sugar as the main ingredient!

I do remember when I was younger, I either ate what we had for dinner or I didn't eat. I learned to like a lot of great foods once I got hungry enough.

Jeeez, now when I think back on it I was so hungry while working with Dad one day before lunch that I sneaked into his truck and ate bananas and hot pepper sardines with a bottle of water. They tasted great! Plus, I've got some stories I could tell you about my Air Force days that would gag a maggot.

Tom, you have an advantage: your youngest ones see the older one eating the fish, so they know it's not going to kill them. :D

You know, I have seen kids eat Tuna , Fishsticks and almost anything that came from the superstore and invareable turn their n0se up at anything we catch or grow. Beats Me.:dontknow:

Well, ya know...

If ya take fresh Striper and cut it into strips, bread it and make it look like fish sticks (oh no!), they'll prolly eat it.

ya know I tried that. I caught some real nice Croakers and cut them into strips and deep fried them in beer batter ( I thought they were great) and they turned their noses up to them ....but I take out Mrs. Paul's Fish sticks and they eat em up . I guess its just an age thing the older they get the might start to like "grown up food" a little better:boxing:

LOL Sam I thought Airforce food was the best of all the armed forces...at least thats what I heard from a friend of mine in the Airforce :angel11:

Put YOUR fish sticks in the Ms Paul's box.

Navy chow is the best, especially on the subs.

Got to keep the morale up.

The actual base food was great... It was in the field that sucked.

The actual base food was great... It was in the field that sucked.

The caterer not bring enough sterno?

I feel your pain. T-rats and anything from an MKT, terrible, may taste ok sometimes but they will tear up your stomach. I do recall a fancy meal, we called it Breakfast "FUN", egg's bacon, and green peppers seasoned with sand ( maybe those were the ingredients, the lab results never came back) all mixed together........mmmmmmmmmm

Oh yeah, GO ARMY!!!