beer

new found yak (new to me)

10 posts in this topic

They are a step down from the prowlers etc you were looking at before but should suit what you want to do nicely.

If you are going out in the bay make sure you have enough boat for it. You want a good mix of stability and length for those long paddles into the wind and chop.

They are a step down from the prowlers etc you were looking at before but should suit what you want to do nicely.

If you are going out in the bay make sure you have enough boat for it. You want a good mix of stability and length for those long paddles into the wind and chop.

good point thanks, I'm driving some the reps. from yak co. with my wave of Qs:

I have a heritage fisherman 14' comes with 3 rod holders i like it alot, very stable, dry, self bailing and easy to paddle i wish it had dry storage in the cockpit for cell phone and wallet etc. but no biggie i really hate it when the phone rings while i'm fishing anyway.

Hey Beer if your near Lewes De pm me and we can hook up and you can try it out if you want.

but no biggie i really hate it when the phone rings while i'm fishing anyway.

phone what phone?? I told my wife that there is this one spot on AI that gets no reception on my phone and it happens to be in the spot where the fish are at.:angel9: and so that's where I fish at or close to it.

We must be on the same cell service i lose my singal from 25 south to the fence.

Hey Beer if your near Lewes De pm me and we can hook up and you can try it out if you want.

I thank you for the offer, but I live just south of baltimore.This wknd LL bean is having a big yak expo thing @ towson.

We must be on the same cell service i lose my singal from 25 south to the fence.

I have selective service.

It only works where I'm not fishing.

what style kayaks are good in the surf at assateague to fish from?

I'm thinking of getting one any info will be useful thanks

:angel11: murf

what style kayaks are good in the surf at assateague to fish from?

I'm thinking of getting one any info will be useful thanks

:angel11: murf

you'll want a sit on top kayak for use in the surf. The other specs are dependent on what you want to use it for in the surf at AI

A good do it all "inexpensive" yak is the ocean kayak scrambler. If someone was looking for a yak to surf launch and possibly get into fishing later this would be my reco. If you have a higher budget look into OK prowlers or wilderness systems tarpons.

If you have a high budget look into the hobie line, they are way cool!