Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveH

Try This With Your Yak

7 posts in this topic

That's all fine and dandy when you are using light line and can force a break-off whenever you need to. Especially in the fact that he had a REAL boat nearby to shadow him.

I don't know if I would try that with the heavy gear we use and no boat support.

Like I've said, try it and you'd be on an express train to Spain.

These Sharks we catch have quite a bit more strength that that small Sailfishey.

Cool video though....

Sorry,didn't mean to actually try this. Just wanted to share the cool vidieo. Daveh :D

Nah, no worries...

We'll let Sam try it and have the Coast Guard standing by. :lol: :nurse:

edit: tried to insert smiley for test...

AWESOME! I think that would be extreme for sure. I have seriously been thinking about using my yak to try and catch a ....

Very cool 8) ,,,This spring I think I am going to take the yak out when I hit the surf,,,there were several times this fall when I saw birds working outside the bar, no more than a mile,,,if I see that again, Iam going to launch the yak and go after them,,,I am sure there were some nice stripers or blues underneath them.

A scupper hole would support a rod holder, gonna' have to come up with something....

I actually tried yak fishing about 200 yards out last summer. I was using a 6' spinner with a red/white bucktail. I could see the floor of the ocean very clearly. It was smooth with ripples in the sand.

It was a beautiful day. I could see the bucktail bouncing on the bottom. I was later visited by a few porpoise who swam under and around my yak. What a rush.