2 posts in this topic

So the question was raised about using Balsamic Vinegar in cooking Rock.

Balsamic should be treated like wine... There are the super market versions which can be regular vinegar with flavor and color added to true Aged Italian Balsamic. The aging of the Balsamic also plays a integral role in the flavor. A "Good" Balsamic should not have a sharp taste or take your breath away.

Keep in mind that during the cooking process the flavor of the Balsamic Vinegar is altered so in this particular case you don't need a really expensive or pricey long-aged one here.

1 shallot

1 sprig of rosemary

1 cup of dry white wine like a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio

3 tablespoons of Balsamic

1 cup cold unsalted butter

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Makes about 2/3 cup

Dice the shallot so that you get 2-3 tablespoons full.

Mince the rosemary.

Combine in a non-reactive pot the shallot, rosemary, wine & balsamic. Reduce to about three tablespoons... this is your reduction!

Cube the butter and add it as the reduction is cooling This is mounting the sauce so no dumping in the butter. Add a few cubes of butter and whisk.

Add the seasons--salt & pepper to your taste.

Strain the sauce and serve warm not hot.

The Rock fish should be baked or poached with this sauce spread over.

wow that sounds great!!! I just got back from the store with the ingredients for the other recipe gonna cook it up tonight the only problem I have is that the only wine I have is a zinfandel...I hope it doesn't change it too much:icon_pidu: