23 posts in this topic

Well, we lost our guard dog last night. Lucy had been with us for nearly 10 years and was a wonderful dog. We got her at the pound back in 1998 as a puppy. She wasn't big on other animals or even other men, but she loved her family.

She died of cancer last night, which came on very fast. We had her taken to the vet last week to check out a sore she had on her chest. We had a tumor removed and it was clarified as cancerous this morning... She passed away last night in the kitchen. I hate losing my animals...

Lucy.jpg.1a309a905849259f001c02968eeddf8

really sorry Sam, my 3 are getting older and I dread the day...

I'm sorry to hear about Lucy.

Loosing an animal is never easy and I certainly will keep you in my thoughts.

Sam and Carrie,

Lost 2 German Shepherds to cancer, they lived long, 11 and 14.

I can't bear the thought of it happening again, even though they can't stay with us forever.

You wrestle with the thought of losing them and wish you didn't have to go through it. Our pets bring so much joy and comedy to our lives, just think how empty things would have been without Lucy. Think of all the fun you've had. Samantha had her own personal bodyguard when you weren't home.

It will happen every time, they're not our's to keep forever, they need to move along and join all the others that have brightened our lives. They have finished their job here and now it's time to go. It's bringing me tears just to think about it.

There comes a time for the pain to cease and for them to play again, time to romp and bark, time to play and sleep in the sun.

Lucy is there, and she is still watching over your family.

She wants you to move on, bring in another pup to grow with Samantha and watch over her.

Think of all the smiles and love another one will bring into your home.

Time heals little buddy, time heals....

Thats very sad Sam. Sorry to hear. ....Rotties are the best....

Wow Sam sorry to hear. It is indeed like losing a member of the family. I've got two 8 year old pups at home -and I know that time is coming sooner than I would want.

Thanks for the kind words. Steve, well put.

Sorry for your loss Sam. This is the worst part of owning a pet. Just remember all those great times that wonderful puppy gave you.

Sorry about your loss Sam...I feel your pain....a dog is truely a man's best friend.

Sam, I know it is not to say the same thing that everyone else has already said but, trust me on this one, I have always had dogs in my life sometimes 5 at a time, I love all animals especially dogs, they are there for you no matter what, there goal is to keep you happy and that is all they ever want, I just lost my last dog one year ago to a stroke, he was 15, It never gets any easier to deal with the loss of a family member. But know now that he is no longer in pain and you will meet again when the time is right. Till that time you have memories, and quite possibly in the future another young innocent soul will capture you and Carrie's heart. I am truly sorry to hear about the loss.

Thanks Dave... Very true words. I appreciate everything you all have said.

Sorry to hear that sam....I know I went through it a couple years ago with my absolute best friend...he'd been the only member of my family to stay with me during my divorce, meant more than any words can ever explain...Just make sure you keep your pictures, pull them out from time to time. No dog will ever replace her, so don't even try, but there will be a void there, and if you're anything like me when it comes to that void you'll find the need to fill it

Sam and Family,

Lucy was a beautiful dog! Be grateful of the time you had with her... I know she loved you as much as you loved her! :angel11:

Dianne

Sorry about your loss Sam, I know the feeling.

Sam, so sorry to hear this. losing one of mans best friends is tuff, I also have been there