DaveH

Better fishing in Bishopville

11 posts in this topic

Very cool, Dave. Nice read and nice place to kayak!

Our trailer is water front,I often wondered what I could catch there.We do good crabbing,My mini trap fills quickly,I do great with the cast net.pretty fishy area.I tried a small rod with a mini to no avail.We crab with string and a chicken neck,sometimes when pulling in a crab a snapping turtle latches on.Sometimes larger fish follow the neck in, not sure what they may be.Any tips on how or what to use will be appreciated:dontknow:.

If you are getting bull minners in the cast net, live line some of 'em and wait for the action....

The dam is in Bishopville next to rt 367(Bishopville rd).367 runs between 113 and 54.I don't think the stream reachs 54 though.

Gotcha... I have kayaked up to the dam with my dog. He gently caught one of those ducks that hang up by the bridge and retireved it back to me. Both me and the duck were shocked and he let the Duck go which swam back to the bridge.

Those ducks can get pretty angry,we try to steer clear.:happy7:

If I'm right that boat dock is at Shell Mill Rd. I lived in a trailer there for a few years. That's one nice stretch of river there, just never fished it.

Well after looking at the Pic I see that is not the boat ramp. must be father down river. Still nice scenery.

Dave, the photo is up stream but yes we are next to the boat ramp. We can see it from where we are at.Been there about 5 years now and love it.

Dave, the photo is up stream but yes we are next to the boat ramp. We can see it from where we are at.Been there about 5 years now and love it.

Nice and quiet back there. icon14.gif