18 posts in this topic

Just wanted to see whats everyone favorite lure to use (maybe I could get a few new ideas:icon_thumright: ). When all else fails and nothing is biting this is the one I use and if they don't hit this one then I start to drink a lot more than I should

lure.jpg.a4752d97a1e1f54a7f04bda640ffd01

lure schmure, bait-n-wait is my favorite fishing in the world. If a gun was to my head I would have to say GOTCHA!

I guess since I'm far away its about being on the beach watching the tide come in more then catching.

Tom, I have seen guys catching stripers and blues with that little salt & pepper lure. I like storm lures for the salt.

I am very fond of the Gotcha plugs for fishing the inlet.

Never really used lures in the surf, although this summer I might give it a try.

Very Impressive, Derf! Quite a collection and I bet they have all seen fish. :)

Very Impressive, Derf! Quite a collection and I bet they have all seen fish. :)

thats just my supply of Mac's :)

i show them a pic of a fish whenever i catch one :)

now the metal , they have seen a fish or 2 :icon_wink:

more wood ...

Big Don's

Gary 2

Habs

bigdon2.jpg.df20f57ccb8041f1eaf5c0b9f646

gary2.jpg.c86087224975e4689fa89824661a21

5852a4fc082ae_habs.jpg.1c12299d464a815d2

WOW !!! Very nice !!!! I am a lure addict when ever I go to any store with a fishing department I usually walk out with a lure or two.....My problem is that I buy these lures Especially the poppers and I have very rarely caught any fish with them. I love all the ones you have in those pics . I have bought a few like those with the dreams of catching a big ol striper on the surface but has not happened:BangHead:

I had a well-seasoned old timer tell me one time, "Them thare fancy lures is fo catchin' the fisherman, not the fish."

This is the guy that has three lures in his box, spinner, plug, and a crank and each one has hooked hundreds of fish. It's all in the presentation.

Those and one bag of brownish 6" worms and he's got all he needs.

I think I have 6 total, 2 spoons, 2 hopkins and 2 poppers.

Fresh water I have 4 total.

Works for me....

wow thanks for the info.... any chance of a pic of those lures and the colors? I have a hard time between white and chartreuse lures any pic of set up(is shock leader just a dif name for leader?) would be greatly appreciated:grommit: I have lately become a big fan of flies tied a few feet up and had great success with fly sometime out fishing the lure ...

"Them thare fancy lures is fo catchin' the fisherman, not the fish."

:) :)

yup , they caught me !!!

but being a woodworker , i enjoy them so it doesn't matter to me ...

presentation is the key to working any lure , and that can be a big learning curve ..one i'm still learning :help:

...and that can be a big learning curve ..one i'm still learning :help:

Aren't we all! I've found bucktails to be the best at catching stripes, but I know guys who do very well with the wood.

:) :)

yup , they caught me !!!

but being a woodworker , i enjoy them so it doesn't matter to me ...

presentation is the key to working any lure , and that can be a big learning curve ..one i'm still learning :help:

Did you turn any of those?

Did you turn any of those?

no , none of those are turned by me ...

i'm still playing around with the ones i've turned trying to get them to swim the way i want ..:eusa_wall:

i am a huge fan of gottchas I have caught a variety of fish with them.. flounder, stripes, trout, and even a squid!

I haven't used gottchas in a while probobly should get them back out again here. I discovered this combo works great if the fish aren't down tooo deep( a buddy of mine tied the fly for me)