Guest jtindover

Shark Handling

17 posts in this topic

Thanks! FUN FUN FUN TIMES!

Looks like "someone" won't be teeing off with a Chark anymore.

hehehehe

Interesting. I see that they have a "Shark Rodeo" which lasts all year. Prizes are given away for the largest shark of each species. We might do something like that for each fish on Delmarva. Sharking usually runs from June - October with July the best month.

Any thoughts on this? I could create ranks for the "current site record holder for each fish, not just sharks.

That's a fine idea Sam, ranks for largest feesh.

Only one problem with a rodeo, I'm not good with a lasso.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

that would be sweet to be able to check to see who is raking in the biggest fish.....it might get a little competition going and maybe a little trashtalk :lol:

BEN

GOD BLESS

I know of a few folks who would be interested in this.

mako.JPG.e31afb3a54f0e33d25390e3419be0f6

I think this would take the cake, hope to do it before I die...Mako from shore. That would be one hell of a wrasslin match in the wash!

Believe it was on the PINS in the gulf...they are out there! Possible, just not probable. Good offshore wind and a chum slick...next thing you know a 10 fter is doing flips a 1/4 mile out with a hook in it!!!!

I am in for a little friendly competition..... didn't we talk about this before Sam?

Since I have caught my first shark a month ago or so out on AI that is all I look for now with little luck, I think I could use a few pointers from you pros out there,how bout it sometime?

Anytime Dave, just look through or post to the "Join Me" forum.

You can also use the calender to enter a day or do a quick check of who and when. That feature isn't used too much so check in the join me forum too.

Ya'll???

Don't forget to enter your date/time in the calender....

Thanks , sorry bout the spelling, I was tired last night. I will be sure to drop a line sometime.

I have seen guys on the dock using mesh metal gloves to clean fish,,,I have also seen divers swimming with sharks with a similar material,,,I have seen the gloves in b&t shops and would think that these would be a good idea for getting a hook out of a sharks mouth, just extra insurance, just in case something wierd happens,,,I am not sure I would want to be the first person to test it, but I have heard they in fact keep your hand safe with a good chomp from a toothy,,,I guess I would be concerned if it would work and if it did, would the power of the bite break your fingers,,,I am certainly not advocating putting your hand in the mouth, but may help in of those very rare occasions when a shark decides to twitch and squirm when your not quite ready as you extract the hook.

They actually make those gloves for cleaning fish. They are supposed to protect your hand from your knife, gill plates and other sharp parts of the fish's body....If they can protect your hand from a fillet knife I would think they could also protect your hand from the CUT of a shark's tooth, the crushing pressure on the other hand is a different story.....

I have seen video of the guys wearing the chainmail getting bitten by sharks, leaves one ugly bruise but keeps the major body parts attached, and like coop said I am not real interested in finding out how well it works either but might be worth it.... I am devising something to protect the leg from "shark burn" don't want to do that again........