Bohica

Shark vs. Boat

6 posts in this topic

Oh, show me the way to go home, BUMP BUMP!

Anyone else have that movie come to mind?

Just too scary.....

And at night too!

YIKES!

This is one crazy story! I wonder what other offshore guys think of this and how realistic it sounds to them? To me, not knowing any better, it sounds like it could be true, but not very probable. :dontknow:

I asked the CG to look this up. It got quite a few laughs around the room. The official stance is that they were not involved and only care about any pollution (fuel/oil) from the vessel. It IS on record, but they don't care about HOW it sank, just that it did while it was under tow. The owner could not be located for an interview, not lost at sea, just not found.

Unofficially, it was said that those boats are held together with chewing gum and bailing wire, are not CG inspected and are known to sink due to poor maintenance. It was thought that they needed to cook up a good excuse for the insurance company.

In my thoughts, it seems like another internet fish story. CG hears this stuff all the time and gets a good laugh out of it.

However, one of the other guys found a story where a disgruntled whale sank a ship with a crew of 22. It said the whale was angry at them, LOL!!!!!

Edited by Steve

Thanks Steve. This gave me a good laugh either way.