5 posts in this topic

I am in the market for 9' spinning rod. What I use now is an old 30+ year old fenwick feralite blank rod. Love the action on it but after a couple hours my arm hurts. I have a few new models in mind and want to tap into the groups opinions. Here goes: Lamiglass Tri-flex fast action. Tica T3 Dolphin. Penn Guide series surf. Fenwick Saltstick graphite. They all cost betwenn 85 & 120 bucks which is a lot of money for me. If you guys know anything about these or if you can think of a better rod please respond. Like I said I use an old fenwick now that was given to me from my father inlaw. It seems high quality, built to last looking for the modern high quality built to last rod to last a long time. Thanks for any input.

It will replace my current 9' rod which is a very old fenwick. I like the the rod it is just heavy after a couple hours. I have a Penn 550 ssg set aside for it.

Thanks for the offer. -Ben right? Making a rod sounds cool. I ordered the Lamiglas for 159.00 from Bass pro shop last night. You guys really build your own huh... That would be cool to do. Maybe next winter. Anyway, I got some bonus money for working on our state test (I'm a teacher) and I figured this project we are working on is hard so why not spend some money on something nice for myself. I've gotten into surf fishing this past season and I'm hooked. -pun intended- I've fished before in when i lived in NJ and NC, but for some reason I am just hitting Assateague a lot. So now, can't wait until that water warms up. Pat

Thanks for the offer. -Ben right? Making a rod sounds cool. I ordered the Lamiglas for 159.00 from Bass pro shop last night. You guys really build your own huh... That would be cool to do. Maybe next winter. Anyway, I got some bonus money for working on our state test (I'm a teacher) and I figured this project we are working on is hard so why not spend some money on something nice for myself. I've gotten into surf fishing this past season and I'm hooked. -pun intended- I've fished before in when i lived in NJ and NC, but for some reason I am just hitting Assateague a lot. So now, can't wait until that water warms up. Pat

Good deal on the Lami, that TS9MHS is listed at $220.00+$230.00. I Wonder if it's a new model.

The force runs deep in you PWF, soon you will have countless rods.

I have plenty to build, just trying to help a brother out.