5 posts in this topic

Jan 29, 2007 CRISFIELD, Md. — Photographer, outdoorsman and local television celebrity Scorchy Tawes, 85, died this morning at the Alice Byrd Tawes Nursing Home. Bradshaw & Sons in Crisfield will be handling the funeral arrangements. A spokesman from the funeral home said they are expecting the family around 1 p.m. today. Friends said Tawes was a wonderful man known by many on the lower Eastern Shore. “If you wanted to know anything about Crisfield or the Shore you went to Scorchy,” said Tawes’ long-time friend Dave Johnston. “He will be missed.”

It's a passing of an Maryland Icon when you mention the Tawes name and Mr. Tawes was part of a long line of Marylanders who contributed so much to the history, development ,conservation, and education of Marylanders . Very few families can boast of the contributions that the Tawes family has done for the state of Maryland. He will be missed6016328_BG1-1.jpg

Man, I can remember going to my grandparents house and watching his shows. I had them tape them so I could watch "Wandering our Delmarvelous Land"...

Great times.

i'm 39 i have watched him on channel 16 at my grandmothers rip. since iwas a real little fella. i loved his show:) :)