5 posts in this topic

Decided to go out on the Susquehanna river today after work. Yeah well it started while I was at work today and walked outside to realize that it wasn't too bad temp. outside. So there was not much to do around the shop so I decided to cut out early and head to Basspro because I needed to get a new spool of line for my bass rod before I hit the river. So I bought line, went home, spooled up and got all my stuff in the car. When I got to the spot I was greatly founded that me and my friend Jordan was the only brave soles to venture onto the river. Well it started slow with throwing some hairjigs. I beleive i caught 3 on a hairjig before it slowed down and I decided to change lures. So I took a few minutes, waded back up to where my tackle box was. When i got to my box I took my thermometer out and took a read on the water temp, 83degrees!!!!!! With that being known I tied on a Rapala Xrap. Was having great luck on it, hits were comming left and right but I only managed to land 2 of them. On maybe my 20th cast or soo with the Xrap ( favorite lure ) I unfortunitly got hung up on a rock ledge which lead me to break off and again switch lures. This time I tied on a Rapala Husky Jerk in Ghost Shad color. Boy was I glad I did!!!! Ended up landing 8 more bass in about 45 minutes on it! the biggest was close to 18 and the smallest was around 14 or soo...Was lucky enough on one of them to be close enough to shore for my friend Jordan to take a picture before I realeased! So all in all it was a nice COLD night out on the river with some nice fish!

Stats for the night

Air temp - 22 degrees

water temp - around 82-78 degrees

number of hook ups - between 18-20

landed fish - 13

fish released in good condition - 13

0201071533.jpg.c3c22e78375b78c8bc7644b6d

0201071644.jpg.b7c13eb566056c54300dc0b6d

Nice Nate! Looks beautiful - i gotta get there with you sometime soon!

Great job, Nate. Good times!

I know that spot! Nice catching Nate. Water was that warm?