13 posts in this topic

Anyone ever try using the Berkley Gulp Bloodworms? Any success with them?

What size hooks should be used? I assume the normal 9/0 circles used with cut bait is a bit of overkill for just using bloodworms.

I bought a pack at Gander MT in Salisbury just to try next time I am out.

Fishbites' bloods, yes. All up 'n down the east coast and the Gulf.

Berkley Clam and Herring, nope, nadda, nuffin!

Yeah, 9/0 is a bit large, LOL!

never caught anything on the gulp, like Steve fishbites are best IMO but you need warm water. I tried the gulp in November but the temp were still pretty high.

A fishing buddy of mine had great success using Glup products last season

I have not used the Gulp Bloodworms (I use fishbites bloodworms) but I have used other Berkley Gulp products, like the shrimp, crab and Shad wth great results:icon_thumright:

I have not used them but have heard they were knocking the flounder dead at Ocean City with the gulp minnows.

I have not used them but have heard they were knocking the flounder dead at Ocean City with the gulp minnows.

Sheesh...

Maybe I'm just not soaking the Berkley in the right scotch.....

Sheesh...

Maybe I'm just not soaking the Berkley in the right scotch.....

I'd rather soak myself in the right scotch.

never had much luck with any of those ..... or any other artificial for that matter

clear.gif I have had pretty good luck with these at Kent Narrows and casting to piling and jetties. The only problem with them is that they don't have a whole lot of flexability like the regular ones and after a few hits they tear where the hook comes out and causes them to swim funny. But other thatn that when you fist put them on I have had good luck with them.............

Dumbass,

have you tried using a bit of superglue to hold those plastics in place once they rip?

never thought of that ........does it work? It usually rips from the top thru the side so that the hook sits coming out the side...I might try it the only thing that I really found out that super glue works really well on in flesh.....:icon_salut:

Dumbass,

have you tried using a bit of superglue to hold those plastics in place once they rip?

yup, X's 2:icon_thumright:

I keep a tube in wth my plastics just for that reason:)