17 posts in this topic

I like to think out side the box sometimes ......what if.....we gave Iraqi families, video phones and tracked their daily lives That way we may be aware of what horrors they have to go through...just to live.We get the Truth out of what is happening to them....and not only them but the genocide that is going on in Africa Let the world see what is happening and maybe if enough of the people know the Truth then something must happen.

What if we took a moment and got back in the box? Any thought?

We could take better care of our own people... give the elderly better medical treatment, the poor better medical treatment, the young the opportunity to get an education.

What if we worked on drug problems in this country, worked on hydrogen technology? What if we kept jobs here in this country? What if we taught families the importance to stick together? What if the family unit was without debt?

Intelligence and diplomacy start with the basic family unit.

What would happen if we actually stopped thinking out of the box and started to think in the box?

This is something that I deal with in my head constantly that kind of just snowballs into craziness if I let it.

What a lot of us don't understand is the horror that goes on in our world on a daily basis and our history can make you so thankful for what we have today. I have done a little research and keep an eye on what goes on in the world today and it amazes me how absolutely horrible it can be, just outside my driveway. I agree that we have a human responsibility to help those in need.

When I was in the Military, we sent a flight over to Africa to vaccinate children for different diseases. It was a sickening scene and truly unbelievable. This is just one example of how we helped those in need.

Then again, like Skylar said, there is so much work to be done here in the US. I know I have seen the homeless, poverty stricken and many suffering children right here in Maryland.

It's a harsh world...

This is the perfect topic for an Oliver moment..... I will keep it brief.... I agree with Skylar, there is way too much going on in this country to be worrying about the rest of the world. Not that we shouldn't, just lets take care of our own first.

This is the perfect topic for an Oliver moment..... I will keep it brief.... I agree with Skylar, there is way too much going on in this country to be worrying about the rest of the world. Not that we shouldn't, just lets take care of our own first.

Oliver, I respect your opinion greatly. One who has been around the world and seen things I can only imagine... (Steve, I respect yours too, as you well know.)

First off, the people of Iraq are killing each other. Much like gangs right here in the USA. On the topic of Iraq; Our secondary reason for being there is as "humanitarians", primarily we are there to fight exterme muslims on their soil instead of our. BLUF, I just got back to the States from my second tour in Iraq, and I look forward to going back. Regardless of what you see, hear, or what side you take; I strongly believe in what we as a country do WORLDWIDE. Go America!!!!!

Second, I see many things that need to be done at home. Not gonna touch that one, I have many views not shared by others. I know that a person who has a strong work ethic and a "want to" attitude can find work and can save money and can lead a life above poverty. People who live on the govt. dime make me sick!:icon_puke_l:

I know I can't spell and have poor grammer, no need to point it out.

I love the title of this thread. THE TRUTH. I say in the box or out of it is completely irrelevent to the world. It is round. There are no sides. Only certains positions defined by lattitude and longitude. To truely, positively move forward we must take a look back at what has been accomplished and how it was done. Learn from the mistakes and go from there. Unfortunately, THE TRUTH, about our past will never be known for sure, due to the many various positions on this earths sphere that have been occupied(the winners of wars write the history books and teach that to their children)(And Dead men tell no tales). The world is a wonderful place to live and a terrible place to live, but ultimately its the only place we got to live, for now. It all depends on your minds eyeview at the time. I share the same ideology as Sam, in that if I think too much about the stuff I really do go nuts. Its a very hard to grasp picture to see, because its round and not flat. Meaning that I can not see it all at the same time. It has to go around a bit to see some more of the picture, and when it moves around and some new scenery is in view, I can no longer view all of the details of the picture that moved out of sight. Im speaking very metaphorically here, but I think some of you will get the jist.

I do agree though, we ought to focus more on the homeland(stateside) than any other countries. We have young students in elementary school now using PDA notepads for "learning", at the same time there are other kids going hungry in the same place.... Alot more than people living on the govt dime makes me sick. In fact thats probably one the lesser of the evils going down and something that many are thankfull for. Cant blame someone for taking free money(resources). Like you wouldnt.? The world is a very,very harsh place indeed.... We only got so much time here ya know? Might as well dance :eusa_dance: , might as well smile :) , Life goes on for a little bity while....:clock:

I believe what everyone is saying, but I know for a fact the government needs to crack down on the people taking advantage of the social security system. I have been homeless myself as a child growing up, my mother was a heroin addict, did not meet my father until I was 16 etc, and I never recieved government help.But I can drive up the rode and see some A#$ hole with a 50g escalade with 5k rims and a 10k stereo system, living on section 8 housing collecting disability or SSI and working an under the table job, basically living for free off the government while all the money he/she earns goes to luxery items. now dont get me wrong the government should not make SSI harder to get that is already hard enough, but they should enforce their rules of using the money properly. Also I am not a racist but I believe this whole MINORITY thing has gotten way out of hand, I mean all of my foreign friends have recieved so many freebees from the government such as free tuition for school, help starting businesses, etc, I am glad to see they are getting help but what about all the people whom grew up as I did, moving from shelter to shelter because we were looked at like street trash, the government would not help me and my sister, eventually had us put in a foster home, which might I add we moved from one family to another weekly, so that my mother or real family could not locate us. anyway my point being the government should start rethinking a lot of programs that are really outdated which only hurt people instead of helping those who dont need it,and worry more about our home front before trying to save the world. I can go on for hours on this but I will get more and more angry the longer I do.

I like the truth...because it is true that people are being killed ( I was thinking more of the families...kids) To many times we see the news and reports of "30 people killed in todays bombings" . I was just trying to think of an inexpensive way to bring a face to those numbers. People hear numbers all the time but I think that we forget that with each one of those numbers was a living breathing person

Now I'm not out to save the world ...but just tossing around an idea to try and help

I firmly believe in taking care of our own problems first ,but can't we think of the plight of others as well as taking care of our own? I could go on here for pages about the things that tick me off here at home (Pollution Education Social issues Business etc....)but I was guess I was trying to focus on just one issue and what people thought of it and of whether or not it would work .

There is so much injustice at home and abroad just throwing a idea out there to munch on.....

We need to support our troops and set aside political differences. Finish the job in the middle east, with a surge of troops & weapons and give the troops the best tools provideable to do the job, and as a nation stand by them. Do it now, get it done and come home. Or we can not support this and then the middle east will be on our home soil.and the United States will look like Iraq. God bless our Troops they have my full support, as well as our President.

We need to support our troops and set aside political differences. Finish the job in the middle east, with a surge of troops & weapons and give the troops the best tools provideable to do the job, and as a nation stand by them. Do it now, get it done and come home. Or we can not support this and then the middle east will be on our home soil.and the United States will look like Iraq. God bless our Troops they have my full support, as well as our President.

I agree 110% wth the above statement..............now, I try and stay-out of political threads because too many people think differently then I do:evil6:

I agree that we need help in this country but I also believe we need to stop the worlds bleeding first, or it wil just come-back on us.

I think going into Iraq was a good idea as it does drive a "wedge" between Syria and Iran, if we were not there in Iraq, those two rouge nations would have linked-up and become one big Muslim state wth state sponsored terrorism, not a good thing.

so we need to stand by our goverment and our troops and get this done, then we can take care of our own, we all need to sacrifice some to get the job done.

so we need to stand by our goverment and our troops and get this done, then we can take care of our own, we all need to sacrifice some to get the job done.

:icon_thumleft:

I agree that we need help in this country but I also believe we need to stop the worlds bleeding first, or it wil just come-back on us.

That makes perfect sense, and I agree, Our troops need to be supported 100%. The problem is, unfortunately, the world is a "collective" hemophiliac. I aint ever gonna stop bleeding....no matter how many "band aids" we put on it. The war in Iraq is kinda like a temporary "fly trap", if you will. Keeps the bugs out of the puddin'..... for now.... :dontknow:

The war in Iraq is kinda like a temporary "fly trap", if you will. Keeps the bugs out of the puddin'..... for now..

That's quite an analogy, I'll have to remember that one.

THought I would put this in here... A buddy of mine was just sent over to Iraq. I send only positive thoughts and prayers for him and everyone else in harms way................He has it pretty good compared to the front line soilders but it still takes a toll no matter who you are.......

Yo guys just stopping by to say hi. My job is in the radiology field. I do x-rays, ultrasound and catscans for the AirForce. It has been pretty busy over here in the hospital in Balad Iraq. We treat americans, Iraqi civilians and the insurgents here at our hospital. I am amazed at the number of people ranging from children to adults that come in here that have either been hit by mortars, IEDs, gunshot wounds and are missing limbs, that have been caused by these Iraqi insurgents who do not care about life over here. We have the best doctors out here working on our boys and on these useless insurgents. It is sad to see one of our own not pull through. If our boys make it here they have a 98% chance of survival with the care that is provided here. This place is like a fortress out here cement walls 10-15ft tall and barbwire fences around everything. At least the food is good all you can eat. We get steak and lobster on wednesdays. Ill talk to you guys later

nice post, tell your buddy to have some of the troops joing & post-up:happy2:

I know theres some fishing going-on over there and Im sure everyone here would like to hear from them:eusa_dance:

being ex-military, I support our troops around the world 110% and this is an open invitation to any of our troops who like to fish, can fish wth me anytime:icon_thumright: