6 posts in this topic

I'm going through the rods in the garage picking out the ones that need the most TLC and have the most potential. I have an old mitchell 4.5' UL that is being rebuilt. I can touch the tip of this rod to the butt and it's really fun on smallies and trout so I'm putting it back in service. My brother in law is coming trout fishing with me and the boys this year so this will be his loaner for the week. Same deal as the Ol' Red post, stripped the guides and old red finish off and painted it black with vinyl paint and I'll permagloss it this week and wrap it up. I'm also keeping the grip and seat as is on this one.

Pics to follow. Should be a fun one!

Just need to order a new tip, the tip of the blank was looking rough so I took a 1/2" off of it and now I need a new tip top to fit the diameter. This one turned out really good, I may just have to rebuild the handle. I'll take it up on the flats this season and try it out on a few schoolies and really give it a workout, if it makes it then I'll do the handle.

Dam Ben, You can start doing mine,,,hell of a job! I really like the purple!

I wish I had better pics, seems like both of my cameras don't like the shine of the epoxy. I'm very happy with the rebuilds considering where they came from and this one let me try a forlan (sp) locking wrap.

On a side note I need to put another coat on this one, it is still tacky a week later, guess my mix was off a hair.