DaveH

Best tasting fish

22 posts in this topic

Any opinions on what is the best tasting fish we catch?

I have had some really good black drum from the surf in May. I also really like white perch.

This is gonna be a good thread.....

My faves are a toss up between Spicy Tuna Maki and Flounder coated with 1/2 italian breadcrumbs and 1/2 bisquick and fried in butter and olive oil. It doesn't get any better.

Wahoo:icon_thumright: steaked, grilled wth butter/garlic/lemon/salt/pepper in tin-foil for @15/20 mins.

also, Dolphin done the same-way:happy2:

Any fish, cooked any way.

Yep, that's my favorite!:icon_porc:

Bluefish Cheeks are up there too. Grove Market... MMMMMM

Bluefish Cheeks are up there too. Grove Market... MMMMMM

Sam, I forgot about those,,,They are darn tasty. I would have to put that at the top of the list as well.

MAHI & Flounder (I dont flounder fish much - But, love it)

filet hardhead fried in crisco w/ 1/2 house autry seafood breader & 1/2 cornmeal. and blackend salmon,

Walleye Phil?

Really???

Dang, guess I'm a gonna' haf'ta hit the local pond...

How do you cook it?

Steve,

I don't keep many fish....the only walleye I have eaten was at the French River in Ontario. Cabin right on the bank with a gas grill on the front porch. Fillet the walleyes and put them in aluminum foil, cut up some onions and peppers and add some butter. Throw in a little old bay or JO if you want. Close up the foil and put on the grill. Sit on the deck drinking a couple of beers watching the water in the afternoon before heading out for the evening muskie action.:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Pretty tasty!!

Not to make fun of thowing fish back cause I throw a majority of mine back(in fact the one I kept this fall at the Bay Bridge tunnel was as old as my daughter felt kinda sad about that but that fish did taste ooo soo good)...but there was this comic one time who was poking fun at fishermen who threw their fish back and compairing it to a guy in a bar talking to a beautiful woman. Instead of closing the deal and reeling her in he just let her go and watched her walk away...or something along those lines....

marinate in itallian dressing for about 30 minutes put under the broiler on high for 8-12 minutes. For an extra boost drip some sesame oil over them before you cook. soooo good.

You guys are KILLING ME!

Oh well, guess I'll throw some popcorn in the microwave....:crybaby2: